Mascalzone Latino Audi Team
|Yacht club||Club Nautico di Roma|
|Team principal(s)||Vincenzo Onorato|
|Sail no.||Boat name|
Known as Mascalzone Latino-Capitalia Team and at that time also representing Reale Yacht Club Canottieri Savoia, the team first competed at the Louis Vuitton Cup 2007, the challenger series held prior to the 2007 America's Cup.
Louis Vuitton Trophy
They intended to compete in the Louis Vuitton Pacific Series in 2009 but withdrew due to financial concerns.
The team then became involved in the Louis Vuitton Trophy and provided ITA-90 and ITA-99 for the first event in Nice. Mascalzone Latino will host the third event in La Maddalena, Sardina in co-operation with the Reale Yacht Club Canottieri Savoia.
34th America's Cup
On February 15, 2010 Golden Gate Yacht Club announced that they had accepted a challenge from Club Nautico di Roma for the America's Cup. Club Nautico di Roma are the Challenger of Record for the 34th America's Cup and will be represented by their sailing team Mascalzone Latino.
On May 12, 2011, Vincenzo Onorato announced that he was withdrawing Mascalzone Latino from the 34th America's Cup, citing challenges in agreeing with their sponsors on a budget sufficient to fund a competitive team.
- "Vincenzo Onorato leaves YCCS". 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "Mascalzone Latino Audi Team unveils its plans". 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Laven, Kate (2010-02-14). "BMW Oracle's Larry Ellison confirms Mascalzone Latino as Challenger of Record". London: telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- "Club Nautico di Roma confirmed as America's Cup challenger". 3 News. Associated Press. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Mascalzone Latino says goodbye to the 34° America's Cup". 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2011-05-12.