Mascot Label Group
|Mascot Label Group|
|Distributor(s)||ADA, Warner Music Group|
|Genre||Metal, Rock, Guitar & Blues|
|Country of origin||Netherlands|
Mascot Label Group is an independently-owned record label. Founded in 1989 in The Netherlands under the name Mascot Records, the company was renamed Mascot-Provogue in 1999 and since 2010 has been known as the Mascot Label Group. The company is based in the Netherlands and has offices in New York, Cologne, Stockholm, Milan, Paris and London. It is distributed by ADA and Warner Music Group. Mascot Label Group is the parent company of five record labels: Mascot Records, Provogue, Music Theories Recordings, Cool Green Recordings, and The Funk Garage.
- Mascot Records - Mascot Records is a rock-focused label whose roster includes Black Stone Cherry, Black Label Society, Bootsy Collins, Volbeat, Gojira, Black Country Communion, Steve Lukather, Shaman's Harvest, Monster Truck & more. Mascot gained attention for fostering the career of Volbeat, who have sold over 100,000 records in Europe. In June 2012, Mascot had its first number one rock album chart entry in the UK with Black Country Communion's self-titled album. Black Label Society's 2014 record "Catacombs Of The Black Vatican" charted in over 10 European countries. In 2016, "Kentucky", the first Black Stone Cherry release on Mascot Records charted in 10 European countries and the United States.
- Provogue Records is a blues / rock label featuring Joe Bonamassa, Beth Hart, Gov’t Mule, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Warren Haynes, Robben Ford, Walter Trout, Leslie West, Robert Cray, Kris Barras Band and more. Provogue Records found success growing the career of Joe Bonamassa who went from playing for 50 people in London in 2007 to selling out the Royal Albert Hall in 2009. Bonamassa has sold over 1,500,000 albums in Europe.
- Music Theories Recordings is a progressive rock whose roster includes Ayreon, Memories of Machines, Flying Colors and more. Music Theories is co-run with Michael Schmitz, one of the founders of prog label Inside Out.
- Cool Green Recordings - An alternative/indie label. Among the artists released on Cool Green Recordings are Australian desert rockers Tracer, Dutch alternative band De Staat, Crippled Black Phoenix, Masters Of Reality of Chris Goss (co-writer/producer Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age) and more. De Staat's album "O" entered the Dutch national charts at #3 and won best alternative band three times in a row at the 3FM Awards.
- The Funk Garage - a funk label for which Bootsy Collins plays a leading role in finding and shepherding projects. The roster currently includes Maceo Parker.
- A2IM Independent Label Organization
- Shaman's Harvest Signs to Mascot Label Group
- "Official Rock & Metal Albums Chart Top 40 | Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "Catacombs Of The Black Vatican by Black Label Society - Music Charts". acharts.co. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "Kentucky by Black Stone Cherry - Music Charts". acharts.co. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- Hernandez, Gabriel (2009-05-05). "Bonamassa Goes 'Further On Up The Road' With Clapton at Royal Albert Hall". Bonamassa Goes ‘Further On Up The Road’ With Clapton at Royal Albert Hall. Gibson.
- "Joe Bonamassa - Music Charts". acharts.co. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "INSIDEOUT MUSIC Labelportrait Teil 1". vampstercom. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "Radio luistercijfers 2015: eerste kwartaal - ZIGT". ZIGT (in Dutch). 2015-04-21. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "Mascot Label Group and Bootsy Collins Announce The Funk Garage". Mascot Label Group. Mascot Label Group. March 3, 2020. Archived from the original on December 4, 2020. Retrieved December 4, 2020.