Mascot railway station
Station front in April 2012
|Location||Bourke Street, Mascot|
|Owned by||Airport Link Company|
|Operated by||Airport Link Company|
|Distance||5.10 kilometres from Central|
|Fare zone||MyZone 1|
|Opened||21 May 2000|
Mascot station opened on 21 May 2000 when the Airport line opened from Central to Wolli Creek. Like other stations on the line, Mascot was built and is operated by the Airport Link Company as part of a public–private partnership.
Prior to March 2011, passengers were required to pay an access fee to use the station. The access fee was removed after the State Government reached an agreement with the Airport Link Company to pay the fee at Mascot on behalf of passengers. Patronage increased by around 70% at the two stations in the months following the removal of the fee.
The concourse of Mascot station contains the Mascot Operations Room, which is responsible for operation of the four privately operated stations on the Airport line.
Platforms & services
|1||All stations services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||All stations services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Sydney Buses operate three routes via Mascot station:
- 400: Westfield Burwood to Bondi Junction Interchange via Rockdale station
- 410: Rockdale station to Bondi Junction Interchange
- 418: Westfield Burwood to Bondi Junction Interchange via Sydenham station
- Mascot Station NSWrail.net
- Train fares to fall at two stations Sydney Morning Herald 2 March 2011
- Green Square and Mascot commuters to save $17 a week CityRail 2 March 2011
- "Budget Estimates Committee hearing transcript" (PDF). 25 October 2011. p. 11. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "The Opening of Sydney's New Southern Railway" Transit Australia Volume 55 no 7 July 2000
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 400 and 410 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 29 April 2013.
- "Routes 418 and 425 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 26 October 2014.