Mascot railway station
Station front in April 2012
|Location||Bourke Street, Mascot|
|Owned by||Airport Link Company|
|Operated by||Airport Link Company|
|Distance||5.10 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 May 2000|
|Passengers (2013)||6,120 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Mascot station opened on 21 May 2000 when the Airport line opened from Central to Wolli Creek. Like other stations on the line, Mascot was built and is operated by the Airport Link Company as part of a public–private partnership.
Prior to March 2011, passengers were required to pay an access fee to use the station. The access fee was removed after the State Government reached an agreement with the Airport Link Company to pay the fee at Mascot and Green Square stations on behalf of passengers. Patronage increased by around 70% at the two stations in the months following the removal of the fee.
The concourse of Mascot station contains the Mascot Operations Room, which is responsible for operation of the four privately operated stations on the Airport line.
At the platforms the station is signed "Mascot Suburban", to prevent confusion with the stations for the nearby airport, which is often referred to as Mascot Airport.
Platforms & services
|1||All stations services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||All stations services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
State Transit operates three routes via Mascot station:
- 307: to Port Botany depot
- 357: to Bondi Junction via Kingsford
- 400: Bondi Junction to Sydney Airport via Westfield Eastgardens
Transit Systems operates three routes via Mascot station:
- 418: Westfield Burwood to Kingsford via Sydenham
- 420: Westfield Burwood to Westfield Eastgardens via Sydney Airport.
- 420N: Westfield Burwood to Westfield Eastgardens Night service.
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Mascot Station NSWrail.net
- Train fares to fall at two stations Sydney Morning Herald 2 March 2011
- Green Square and Mascot commuters to save $17 a week CityRail 2 March 2011
- "Budget Estimates Committee hearing transcript" (PDF). 25 October 2011. p. 11. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "The Opening of Sydney's New Southern Railway" Transit Australia Volume 55 no 7 July 2000
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 307". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 357". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 400". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 418". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 420". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 420N". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Mascot railway station, Sydney at Wikimedia Commons