|Assembly||Italy: Turin (Stabilimento Mirafiori)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mid-size luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Transmission||8-speed ZF 8HP automatic|
|Wheelbase||3,004 mm (118.3 in)|
|Length||5,003 mm (197.0 in)|
|Width||1,968 mm (77.5 in)|
|Height||1,679 mm (66.1 in)|
|Kerb weight||2,109–2,205 kg (4,650–4,861 lb)|
The Maserati Levante (Tipo M161) is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV based on the Kubang concept car that debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show, and built by Maserati at the Mirafiori factory in Turin, Italy starting in 2016. Produced and assembled at Maserati's Turin plant, the Levante went on sale in Europe in May 2016, and in North America in September 2016.
The concept that led to the Levante, the Maserati Kubang, was unveiled in 2011 at the Frankfurt Auto Show. The Levante was first unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show on 1 March 2016, followed by a 2016 New York Auto Show. Models for the United States went on sale in April 2016. Early models included Levante (350 PS) and Levante S (430 PS).
Canada models went on sale in September 2016. Early models included Levante (350 PS) and Levante S (430 PS). The Maserati Levante Trofeo was unveiled at the 2018 New York International Auto Show. The Trofeo has 3.8 litre twin turbo V8 engine and Q4 all wheel drive, with 590 hp (440 kW) and 730 N⋅m (538 lbf⋅ft) peak torque.
The Levante initially featured Ferrari's 3.0L V6 engine, in two states of tune. A diesel model is also offered, which served as the only engine offering for right hand drive markets from 2016 to the end of 2017, until the official announcement and deployment of gasoline RHD models in the middle of 2017, starting with the Levante S and subsequently the base Levante sometime in 2018. Levante has a drag coefficient of Cd=0.33.
By 2018, a 560 horsepower V8 will be added. Subsequently, two V8 models were announced in 2018: the 590 horsepower Trofeo, followed by the 550 horsepower GTS. The Levante gains an eight speed ZF automatic transmission from the sixth generation Maserati Quattroporte.
The vehicle's drivetrain is four-wheel-drive only, and like other Maserati models (Quattroporte and Ghibli in both rear and all wheel drive), comes standard with a rear limited-slip differential. The Levante also features Maserati Touch Control with a full color 8.1-inch (210 mm) TFT touchscreen display, as well as a reconfigurable TFT gauge cluster with full color.
|Model||Engine||Peak power||Peak torque||Drive||Top speed||0–100 km/h
|Levante||2,979 cc V6 twin turbo||350 PS (257 kW; 345 bhp) at 5750 rpm||500 N⋅m (369 lb⋅ft) between 1750–4750 rpm||AWD||251 km/h (156 mph)||6.0 s||268–278 g/km|
|Levante S||2,979 cc V6 twin turbo||430 PS (316 kW; 424 bhp) at 5750 rpm||580 N⋅m (428 lb⋅ft) between 2000–4750 rpm||AWD||264 km/h (164 mph)||5.2 s||273–282 g/km|
|Levante GTS||3,799 cc V8 twin turbo||550 PS (405 kW; 542 bhp) at 6250rpm||730 N⋅m (538 lb⋅ft) between 2500–5000 rpm||AWD||292 km/h (181 mph)||4.2 s||313 g/km|
|Levante Trofeo||3,799 cc V8 twin turbo||590 PS (434 kW; 582 bhp) at 6250rpm||730 N⋅m (538 lb⋅ft) between 2500–5000 rpm||AWD||304 km/h (189 mph)||3.9 s||313 g/km|
|Levante Diesel||2,987 cc V6 turbo||275 PS (202 kW; 271 bhp) at 4000 rpm||600 N⋅m (443 lb⋅ft) between 2000–2600 rpm||AWD||230 km/h (143 mph)||6.9 s||207–220 g/km|
- DeLorenzo, Matt (December 2011). "2014 Maserati Kubang: An SUV with the heart of a Ferrari". Road & Track. 63 (4): 22. Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Ebhardt, Tommaso (4 September 2013). "Fiat Said Ready to Build Maserati SUV in Turin With Deal". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Joseph, Noah. "Maserati Levante is Italy's answer to the Porsche Cayenne". autoblog.com. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Elliott, Hannah. "Maserati Levante World Debut: $76,000 V6 SUV to Challenge BMW, Bentley". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Bruce, Chris. "Maserati Levante starts at $72,000, Levante S for $83,000". autoblog.com. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Levante—The 'Maserati of SUVs' Makes Canadian Debut". Maserati.ca. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- Maserati Media Site: Press Release - Maserati Media Site, accessdate: 30. March 2018
- "Maserati Brand Presentation" (PDF).
|Executive||Saloon||425 / 420 / 430 / 422 / 4.18v. / 4.24v.||Ghibli|
|Coupé||Biturbo / 222 / 2.24v. / Racing|
|Luxury||Saloon||Quattroporte III||Royale||Quattroporte IV||Quattroporte V||Quattroporte VI|