|Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation||1,651 m (5,417 ft)|
|• Total||6,502 |
|Time zone||DRC2 (UTC+2)|
The location of Masisi lies approximately 69 kilometres (43 mi), by road, northwest of the provincial capital of Goma. The coordinates of Masisi are:01°24′00″S, 28°49′05″E (Latitude:-1.4000; Longitude:28.8180).
The town lies at an average altitude of 1,600 metres (5,200 ft), in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains. Masisi is the location of a number of cheese factories. Most of the cheese produced in the Democratic Republic of the Congo comes from Masisi Territory.
During the last decade, Masisi and the surrounding countryside has witnessed strife and conflict as the many militias in this part of the country fought each other and against FARDC and MONUC, for territory and wealth. Many have either been killed or permanently disabled, with more carrying residual psychological trauma.
As of 2010, the population of Masisi is 6,502 people. 
- United Nations Force Intervention Brigade
- March 23 Movement
- National Congress for the Defence of the People
- Rally for Congolese Democracy
- Rally for Congolese Democracy–Goma
- Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda
- Mai Mai
- Western Rift Valley
- Map Showing Goma And Masisi With Distance Marker
- The Rare Art of Cheese-Making In DR Congo
- The Blood Keeps Flowing In Masisi Town, North Kivu