Masorti on Campus
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||July 2013JTS/Columbia Universityat|
|Founders||Eric Leiderman and Douglas Kandl|
Masorti on Campus (MoC) is a student organization for Conservative Judaism (also known as "Masorti") on North American college and university campuses; working with Hillel and other Jewish campus life organizations. MoC connects students and Jewish professionals from different campuses through a range of forums to share ideas for building and strengthening progressive Jewish communities.
Masorti on Campus was launched in July 2013 by Eric Leiderman and Douglas Kandl in response to the closing of Koach by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. Gaining the support of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (JTS), MoC began its campaign to create a network for existing campus communities. In February 2014 the Seminary, along with Columbia University, hosted a student leadership conference. In order to further connect students and build new communities Masorti on Campus announced a second conference with an expanded reach; speakers included the President of Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life. One of the first campus communities to join was Rutgers University.
- Ramah Camping Movement
- Mechon Hadar
- Nativ College Leadership Program in Israel
- United Synagogue Youth
- Orthodox Jewish student groups
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-17. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- Jewish Standard, "Resurrecting Koach?" http://jstandard.com/content/item/resurrecting_koach
- Jewish Standard, "Koach Closes" http://jstandard.com/content/item/27746
- Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS), Press Release (January 28, 2014) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-17. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- "Masorti campus Shabbaton has sign-ups." Cleveland Jewish News. December 1, 2014 http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/national_news/article_413014c4-799c-11e4-a909-ebee17d9dfe1.html
|This article about a subject related to a Jewish organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a United States institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|