From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up masquerade in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Masquerade or Masquerader may refer to:
- Masquerade ball, a costumed dance event
- Masquerade ceremony, a rite or cultural event in many parts of world, especially the Caribbean and Africa.
- Masqueraders, the performers in the West Country Carnival
Books and theatre
- The Masquerader (novel), a 1904 novel by Katherine Cecil Thurston
- The Masqueraders, a 1928 novel by Georgette Heyer.
- Masquerade (book), a 1979 children's book by Kit Williams that sparked a worldwide treasure hunt
- Masquerades, a 1995 Forgotten Realms novel by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb
- Maskerade, a 1995 Discworld novel by Terry Pratchett
- Masquerade, a 2007 Blue Bloods novel by Melissa de la Cruz
- Mascarade, a 1724 comedy play by Ludvig Holberg
- Masquerade (play), an 1835 Russian play by Mikhail Lermontov
- The Masqueraders, an 1894 English play by Henry Arthur Jones
- The Masquerader (play), a 1917 play by John Hunter Booth, based on the novel by Katherine Cecil Thurston.
- Masquerade (theatre group), an English theatre group in Chennai, India, since 1994
Film and TV
- The Masquerade (1913 film), animated film by Émile Cohl
- The Masquerader (1914 film), American silent film by Charlie Chaplin
- The Masqueraders (film), 1915 American silent film adaptation of the play by Henry Arthur Jones.
- The Masquerader (1922 film), American silent film adaptation of the play by John Hunter Booth, with art direction by Wilfred Buckland
- Masquerade (1931 film), film starring Vivienne Osborne
- The Masquerader (1933 film), American film adaptation of the play by John Hunter Booth.
- Masquerade (1941 film), Soviet film
- Masquerade (1965 film), British spy spoof starring Cliff Robertson and Jack Hawkins
- Masquerade (1988 film), American thriller starring Rob Lowe and Meg Tilly
- The Masquerade (2007 film), American thriller starring Brianne Davis and Christopher Masterson
- Masquerades (film), 2008 film
- Masquerade (2012 film) or Gwanghae, South Korean film
- Masquerade (TV series), a 1983 American espionage series
- Masquerade (Bakugan Battle Brawlers), a masked character in the anime Bakugan Battle Brawlers
- Masquerade, the international title for Kasou Taishou (欽ちゃん＆香取慎吾の全日本仮装大賞, lit. Kinchan and Katori Shingo's All Japan Costume Grand Prix), a Japanese semi-annual amateur skit show televised on Nippon Television.
- Episodes of various series
- "Masquerade" (Alias)
- "Masquerade" (Baywatch)
- "Masquerade" (Benson)
- "Masquerade" (The Bill)
- "Masquerade" (Dallas)
- "Masquerade" (Dynasty)
- "Masquerade" (ER)
- "Masquerade" (The Fugitive)
- "Masquerade" (Iron Man: Armored Adventures)
- "Masquerade" (Law & Order: Criminal Intent)
- "Masquerade" (Law & Order: UK)
- "Masquerade" (NCIS)
- "Masquerade" (The Real Ghostbusters)
- "Masquerade" (Six Degrees)
- "Masquerade" (The Transformers)
- "Masquerade" (Trauma)
- "Masquerade" (Person of Interest)
- "Masquerade" (The Vampire Diaries)
- "Masquerade", an episode of The Baron
- "Masquerade", an episode of Combat!
- "Masquerade", an episode of The Elephant Show
- The Masquerade (Atlanta), a concert venue in Atlanta, Georgia
- Mascherata (English: Masquerade), an Italian dance from the sixteenth century
- Masquerade, lute piece by Robert de Visée (c.1655-c.1732)
- Maskarade, a 1906 opera by Carl Nielsen, based on the play by Ludvig Holberg
- Masquerade (Khachaturian), incidental music by Aram Khachaturian for a 1941 staging of the play by Mikhail Lermontov. Also the title of a Khachaturian symphonic suite from 1944, made up of extracts from the full theatre score.
- Masquerade (Clyne), a 2013 orchestral composition by Anna Clyne
- Masquerade (Finnish band), a Finnish post-punk band
- Masquerade (German band), a band with Drafi Deutscher that had a hit in 1984 with the song "Guardian Angel"
- Masquerade (Swedish band), a Swedish rock band
- Masquerade (Eric Saade album), or the title song, 2010
- Masquerade (Golden Dawn album), 2003
- Masquerade (The Legendary Tigerman album), or the title song, 2006
- Masquerade (Running Wild album), 1995
- Masquerade (Wyclef Jean album), 2002
- The Masquerade (album), by Mêlée, 2010
- Masquerade, an album by Dreams of Sanity, 1999
- "Masquerade" (2PM song), 2012
- "Masquerade" (Kaya song), 2006
- "Masquerade" (The Phantom of the Opera song), from the musical The Phantom of the Opera
- "Masquerade", by Ashley Tisdale from Guilty Pleasure
- "Masquerade", by the Backstreet Boys from This Is Us
- "Masquerade", by Berlin from Pleasure Victim
- "Masquerade", by Edward Bear, 1972
- "Masquerade", by Jack Hylton and His Orchestra and featured in the 1980 film The Shining
- "Masquerade", by Nicki Minaj from Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
- "Masquerade", by RaNia (band)
- "Masquerade", by Skids (band)
- "Masquerade", by Soul Asylum from Say What You Will, Clarence... Karl Sold the Truck
- "Masquerade", by Swing Out Sister from Kaleidoscope World
- "Masquerade", by Symphony X from Symphony X
- "Masquerade", by Versailles Philharmonic Quintet from Holy Grail
- "Final Masquerade", by Linkin Park from The Hunting Party
- "The Masquerade", by Voltaire from Raised by Bats
- "Masquerade", by Yes from Union
- "Masquerade", by Hey! Say! JUMP from DEAR
- IP masquerading, a form of network address translation
- Masquerade, a type of computer threat
- Masquerade or mimesis, a mechanism of animal or military camouflage
- Masquerade (MSQRD) - a mobile application.
- Masquerade is a specific form of organism resemblance to inanimate objects and is related to mimicry.
- Labrisomus conditus, the Masquerader hairy blenny, a fish.
- Mask-A-Raid, a 1931 animated short film starring Betty Boop
- Masque, a form of festive courtly entertainment in 16th and early 17th century Europe
- Mascarade, a card game
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Masquerade.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.