Masques (Brand X album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||8 September 1978|
|Studio||Trident Studios, London|
|Brand X chronology|
Masques is the third album by the British jazz fusion group Brand X. This was the band's first studio recording without drummer Phil Collins. The rear of the album cover has a photo of the crowd from the Knebworth Festival, 1978 — a bill that included both Brand X and Genesis, Collins' other band.
- Side one
- "The Poke" (Goodsall) - 5:10
- "Masques" (Jones, Robinson) - 3:16
- "Black Moon" (Pert) - 4:48
- "Deadly Nightshade" (Pert) - 11:22
- Side two
- "Earth Dance" (Pert) - 6:06
- "Access to Data" (Goodsall) - 8:00
- "The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge" (Jones) - 10:17
- Brand X
- John Goodsall – guitar
- J. Peter Robinson – keyboards
- Percy Jones – bass
- Chuck Burgi – drums
- Morris Pert – percussion, electric piano (3)
- "The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge" is based on a true story (see this page for more info) about a carriage house where Percy Jones was staying which was said to be haunted.
- This album is the first album on which Percy Jones played the fretless Wal bass, which became his trademark sound.
- "allmusic ((( Masques > Overview )))". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Brand X (3) - Masques (LP, Album) at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-01-08.