|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Rod Favaron, CEO|
Number of employees
Spredfast is a U.S.-based social marketing software company that provides community management, content management, social care, and social analytics tools to brands and agencies. In 2015 Spredfast was identified as a leader in social relationship platforms in a Forrester report, and it won an Emmy Award in the Technology & Engineering category. It has been reviewed in peer reviewed literature.
Spredfast is a privately owned, social marketing software company based in Austin, Texas. It was founded in 2008 by Scott McCaskill and Ken Cho, and as of 2011 is led by Chief Executive Officer Rod Favaron.
In 2010, the company raised its first round of funding with $1.6 million. It has since raised $134 million in combined debt and equity financing, most recently with $50 million in Series F funding in 2015.
In April 2014, Spredfast merged with social curation company, Mass Relevance. That company’s technology aggregates and filters tweets to be displayed on broadcast TV. In August 2015, Spredfast acquired data-focused social marketing company Shoutlet.
As of 2016, Spredfast has more than 500 employees and more than 650 customers in 84 countries. Customers include Royal Caribbean, the National Basketball Association, the National Football League, Bank of America, Viacom and Target.
Services and partnerships
The Spredfast platform allows brand marketers to manage all of their social accounts from one platform, deliver customer care, gather data from social media to guide campaign design, and create branded contests, sweepstakes and surveys. It has been used to generate statistics for academic studies and media outlets 
When Spredfast announced its partnership program in 2014, it already had partnerships with Kenshoo, Brandwatch, and Bazaarvoice. The 11 partnerships named in an Adweek announcement of the program were grouped in two categories: "strategic listening and content sharing" and "enhanced analytics and data management". The company has since increased the number of partnerships to at least 50. New York Road Runners partnered with Spredfast in 2015, to offer social media tools to participants in the New York City Marathon.
- Hawkins, Lori (August 19, 2015). "Austin social media firm Spredfast acquiring Wisconsin company". Austin American Statesman.
- Swiatecki, Chad (January 8, 2015). "Spredfast nabs tech Emmy after helping Obama in Twitterverse". Austin Business Journal.
- Al-Qurishi, Muhammad; Al-Rakhami, Mabrook; AlRubaian, Majed; Alamri, Atif; Alamri, Mohammed (December 23, 2015). "Online Social Network Management Systems: State of The Art". 73. International Conference on Advanced Wireless, Information, and Communication Technologies. doi:10.1016/j.procs.2015.12.032.
- Calnan, Christopher (February 16, 2011). "Austin-based Spredfast recruits Lombardi Software CEO". Austin Business Journal.
- Calnan, Christopher (January 3, 2014). "Spredfast closes big funding round". Austin Business Journal.
- Sloane, Garrett (April 2, 2014). "Spredfast, Mass Relevance unite social marketing systems". Ad Week.
- Ha, Anthony (August 19, 2015). "Spredfast acquires Shoutlet". Tech Crunch.
- Van Enkenvoort, Bob (August 19, 2015). "Madison-based Shoutlet sold to Spredfast". The Wisconsin State Journal.
- Clancy, Heather (June 1, 2016). "Spredfast marketing specialist scores $50 million". Fortune.
- "http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2017/02/13/spreadfast-to-close-down-out-of-state-office-lay.html". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-02-20. External link in
- Journal, Judy Newman | Wisconsin State. "Madison tech company Spredfast, formerly Shoutlet, to close". madison.com. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- Dua, Tanya (November 4, 2016). "How Royal Caribbean Cruises got its social customer response time down to 11 minutes". Digiday.
- Flynn, Kerry (May 19, 2016). "Donald Trump tweets at a lower reading level than his competitors, but maybe he shouldn't". International Business Times.
- Wilcox, Gary B.; Sussman, Kristen (April 2, 2014). "Lead-generating social media strategies using the social media performance model: The B2B connection". Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing. 2 (No. 1).
- Johnson, Lauren (September 8, 2016). "Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes Are Killing It on Instagram". Adweek. ISSN 1549-9553.
- Lafferty, Justin (March 26, 2014). "Facebook PMD Spredfast launches partner program". Adweek.
- Fischer, Ben (July 20, 2015). "NYRR, Spredfast offer runners chance to chronicle experience". Street & Smith's Sportsbusiness Journal. 18 (No. 14). ISSN 1098-5972.
- "The Forrester Wave: Social Relationship Platforms, Q2 2015". Forrester. April 20, 2015.
- Minsker, Maria (May 11, 2015). "Percolate, Spredfast, and Sprinklr Are the Top Social Relationship Platforms, Forrester Finds". DestinationCRM.
- Arora, Shabana (June 2, 2016). "Spredfast Raises $50 Million to Dominate Social Interactions for Large Brands and Media Broadcasters". MarTech Advisor.
- Beck, Martin (August 19, 2015). "Social Marketing Platform Spredfast Acquires Shoutlet". MarTech Today.