Massie Township, Warren County, Ohio
|Massie Township, Warren County, Ohio|
Fields on Oregonia Road
Location of Massie Township in Warren County
|• Total||21.2 sq mi (55.0 km2)|
|• Land||16.9 sq mi (43.8 km2)|
|• Water||4.3 sq mi (11.2 km2)|
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|• Density||62.7/sq mi (24.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087118|
Massie Township, one of the eleven townships of Warren County, Ohio, United States, is located in the northeast part of the county and the least populous of Warren County's townships. In 2000, the population was 1,061 up from 885 in 1990; of this total, 498 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township. The third smallest township in the county with 13,622 acres (55 km²); it is the only Massie Township statewide. It is the home of the Ohio Renaissance Festival and Caesar Creek State Park.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chester Township, Clinton County - northeast
- Washington Township - south
- Adams Township, Clinton County - southeast
- Wayne Township - northwest
The village of Harveysburg is the only municipality within the township.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The township is mostly in the Clinton-Massie Local School District but a part is in the Wayne Local School District.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Warren County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- The History of Warren County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County ; Its Townships, Towns. W.H. Beers & Company. 1882. pp. 647–648.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Massie Township Fire Department - Harveysburg, Ohio, firedepartments.net. Accessed 2007-09-11.