|Minister of Cultural Heritage and Tourism|
28 April 2013 – 22 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Enrico Letta|
|Preceded by||Lorenzo Ornaghi|
|Succeeded by||Dario Franceschini|
|Born||11 April 1959|
|Political party||Democratic Party|
Massimo Bray (born 11 April 1959) is an Italian intellectual and politician, who served as the minister of culture from 28 April 2013 to 22 February 2014.
Early life and education
Bray is an academic publisher and a magazine editor. He was on the editorial board of the Italian Institute of Human Sciences until 1994. He is the cofounder of Notte della Taranta, which is among the most popular music festivals in Europe. He launched a blog on the Italian-language version of the Huffington Post.
Bray is a member of the Democratic Party. He was appointed minister of culture to the cabinet led by the prime minister Enrico Letta on 28 April 2013. He replaced Lorenzo Ornaghi in the post. Bray's term ended in February 2014 when he was replaced by Dario Franceschini who appointed to the post in the Matteo Renzi cabinet.
- "Intellectual for the Italian ministry of culture". The Art Newspaper. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Chi è il ministro Massimo Bray". L'Unione Sarda. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Alex Roe (29 April 2013). "Who Are Italy's New Ministers? Mini-profiles here". Italy Chronicles. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Eric J. Lyman (1 May 2013). "Entertainment sector representatives weigh in on what they think should be the top priorities for Massimo Bray". Hollywood Reporter. Rome. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Letta hails strong cabinet with 'record' women presence". ANSA. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Italy's new cabinet lineup". Xinhua. Rome. 28 April 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "Italy/ 4. Current issues in cultural policy development and debate". Compendium. 5 February 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Former Italian Culture Minister: Iran Owns Outstanding Artistic, Historical Treasures". Fars News Agency. Tehran. 22 May 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
| Italian Minister of Culture and Tourism