|Born||October 2, 1960|
|Spouse||Maria Laura Rodotà|
Massimo Gramellini (born October 2, 1960) is an Italian writer and journalist currently working at Corriere della Sera.
Life and career
He was born in Turin in 1960 to a family from Romagna. At the age of nine he lost his mother, Giuseppina Pastore, to suicide: seriously ill and depressed, she threw herself from a building's fifth floor. Nobody wished to reveal the details to the young Massimo; his father told him that she had died of a sudden heart attack. This episode has made a great impression on him throughout his life. He discovered the truth many years later, in the mid-1990s, reading a 1969 newspaper article.
He has published books and articles about Italian society and politics, an almanac about 150 years of the history of Italy (with Carlo Fruttero), and two series of stories about his soccer team Torino F.C.. In 2010 he published his first novel, L'ultima riga delle favole (The last line of fables), that sold over 250,000 copies in Italy and was translated into several languages. In 2012, he released his second novel, Fai bei sogni (Have good dreams), which was the best-selling book of 2012, selling over one million copies.
Starting in Autumn 2016, he has presented Le parole della settimana on the talk show Che tempo che fa.
- 1994 colpo grosso, with Pino Corrias and Curzio Maltese, Milano, Baldini & Castoldi, 1994
- Compagni d'Italia, Milano, Sperling & Kupfer, 1997
- Buongiorno. Il meglio o comunque il meno peggio, Torino, La Stampa, 2002
- Buongiorno Piemonte, Scarmagno, photos by Livio Bourbon, Priuli & Verlucca, 2005
- Buongiorno Montagne Olimpiche, photos by Livio Bourbon, Scarmagno, Priuli & Verlucca, 2006
- Buongiorno Liguria, photos by Livio Bourbon, Scarmagno, Priuli & Verlucca, 2007
- Granata da legare, Ivrea, Priuli & Verlucca, 2006
- Ci salveranno gli ingenui, Milano, Longanesi, 2007
- Toro. I migliori derby della nostra vita, Scarmagno, Priuli & Verlucca, 2007
- Cuori allo specchio, Milano, Longanesi, 2008
- Buongiorno. Dieci anni, Torino, La Stampa, 2009
- L'ultima riga delle favole, Milano, Longanesi, 2010
- La patria, bene o male, with Carlo Fruttero, Milano, Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, 2010
- Fai bei sogni, Milano, Longanesi, 2012
- La magia di un buongiorno, Milano, Longanesi, 2014
- Avrò cura di te, with Chiara Gamberale, Milano, Longanesi, 2014
- "Quando una rivelazione cambia la vita: Massimo Gramellini e il coraggio di raccontare". letteratu.it. June 16, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- "Buongiorno un corno: Gramellini e Hillary Clinton". softrevolutionzine.org. November 11, 2016. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- "Massimo Gramellini saluta oggi La Stampa. Dal 13 al Corriere della Sera". affaritaliani.it. January 21, 2017. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- "I Sinti querelano Gramellini "È un razzista"". gazzettadimantova.gelocal.it. October 28, 2014. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- "Il sessismo da salotto di Massimo Gramellini". ilpost.it. June 16, 2016. Retrieved September 9, 2017.