||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
May 19, 1967 |
|Movement||Critical Meditavism (Meditavismo Critico).|
Massimo Taccon (born May 19, 1967) is an Italian painter, sculptor and writer who, during his 'Ismahel period' (1997–2002), signed his artworks with the pseudonym ISMAHEL. He is the founder, thinker and theoretician of an art movement called Critical Meditavism (Meditavismo Critico), whose manifesto was posted to blogspot.com in September 2010.
Life and work
Taccon was born in Rome where he continues to live, and mostly works. In 1999 he was one of the 462 artists, from across the world, who participated in the second edition of the 'Florence Biennale' exhibition of contemporary art. In 2000 his work was shown at the Langhkawi International Festival of Arts 2000, held by the Malay National Art Gallery, Ibrahim Hussein Museum and Culture Foundation.
On September 14, 2010 in Rome at the studio "La Taccon Arte" in presence of few intimate friends, Taccon dictated the basic pillars of a new art movement: The "Critical Meditavism" (Meditavismo Critico) and posted it as a manifesto to blogspot.com. A copy of the manifesto is preserved in the historical archives of the Rome Quadriennale in the complex of Villa Carpegna (Rome), in a file open to the artist Massimo Taccon.
Artworks in collections
Works held by corporate and public collections include:
- At the beginning (2000), National Art Gallery of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Abisso emozionale (Emotional abyss) (1999), donated by the artist to the White Helmets Europe Foundation (WHEF) (Italy)
- I quattro elementi (The four elements) (1998), Ceri Church (Italy)
- Work Number One: Conceptual Elaboration Cycle (1999), first meditavist work (retroactive), Rome (Italy)
Massimo Taccon has written and published two books.
- Stati d'animo di un giovane qualunque (ovvero rappresentazioni fedeli dell'essere) (1990), edizioni Beta. (A collection of lyrics.)
- Messaggio dalla luce (Message from the light) (1998), edizioni libreria Croce.
Statements on art
- All my Artworks are the masterpiece of my immaterial mind... (Massimo Taccon)
- My works are collected messages from the soul, and transferred in image to represent an inside world. I pick up feelings and intuitions to reverse them to the exterior, trying to launch a call in this world. What I expect is a definitive inside awakening of whom picks up the call... (Massimo Taccon)
- Targa Colosseum
- ''Salvator Rosa Award, critic special prize 
- Conceptual Art, International Review Visual Arts
- Premio World, Forum Interart
- Mencio' d' Honor, Federacio' ACEA
- Massimo Taccon – Simmetrie: il colore, la linea, il segno, la superficie. 2008 – Edizioni "La Taccon Arte" – Roma – p. 70 (Italian)(English) Retrieved July 1, 2010 Press release.
- M.E. (September 17, 2010). ""Critical Meditavism" was born". pr-pressrelease.blogsopt.com. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- 'Participating Artists 1999', La Biennale d'Arte Contemporanea Città di Firenze. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- Archivio biblioteca Rome Quadriennial
- W.H.E.F. Department of Art and Culture – Donations. The link ISHMAEL "ABISSO EMOSIONALE" goes to ISHMAEL Biography. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- Stati d'animo di un giovane qualunque Massimo Taccon. edizioni Beta – p. 56 (Italian) ISBN 88-85163-60-2 ; ISBN 978-88-85163-60-7 Municipal Library "Labronica – Bottini dell'Olio" in the city of Livorno (Italy). Retrieved July 1, 2010 inventory number: 001000158091.
- Messaggio dalla Luce Ismahel (Massimo Taccon). edizioni libreria Croce – Roma – p. 103 (Italian) ISBN 88-87323-07-0 ; ISBN 978-88-87323-07-8. Libro Co. Italia S.r.l. Retrieved July 5, 2010. The company specialized in Art and Architecture books – S.Casciano Florence.
- Annuario d'Arte Moderna artisti contemporanei. 2000 – editrice ACCA in Arte – p. 824 (Italian)
- L'Elite 2001 selezione Arte italiana. – Editrice L'Elite – Varese – p. 602 (Italian)
- Catalogo dell'Arte Moderna n.47" Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori - Cairo Editore 2012 (Italian)
- ArtPages 2010. Annuario dell'arte italiana" – Editore: Agenzia Magna Graecia (Italian)
- Enciclopedia degli autori italiani – A.L.I. Penna d'autore – 2004 (Italian)
- Massimo Taccon auctions on primary art market http://www.arcadja.com/auctions/en/taccon_massimo/artist/434656/