|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||6|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||16 October 2010 –|
|Related shows||Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad|
MasterChef India is an Indian competitive cooking show. It premiered on 16 October 2010 on Star Plus.
MasterChef India initial rounds consist of many contestants from across India individually auditioning by presenting a dish before the three judges to gain one of 50 semi-final places.
The semi-finalists then compete in several challenges which test their food knowledge and preparation skills. In Season 1 and 2, the top 50 competed until 12 were left, with the final 12 progressing to the main stage of the show. The winner competes for a prize that includes their own cookery show, the chance to have their own cookbook published, and ₹ 10,000,000 in cash.
|Season||Judges||First Aired||Last Aired||Winner|
|16 October 2010||25 December 2010||Pankaj Bhadouria|
|22 October 2011||1 January 2012||Shipra Khanna|
|11 March 2013||9 June 2013||Ripu Daman Handa|
|26 January 2015||12 April 2015||Nikita Gandhi|
|1 October 2016||25 December 2016||Kirti Bhoutika|
|7 December 2019||TBA||TBA|
MasterChef India 2 aired from 22 October 2011 to 1 January 2012 on Star Plus. Hosted by Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapur and Ajay Chopra, it was won by Shipra Khanna. Nita Mehta also participated in the program.
MasterChef India 4 aired from 26 January 2015 to 12 April 2015 on Star Plus. For the first time in the history of MasterChef, a pure vegetarian format was introduced. Hosted by Sanjeev Kapoor, Vikas Khanna and Ranveer Brar, it was won by Nikita Gandhi.
Junior MasterChef India
Junior MasterChef India aired from 17 August 2013 to 2 November 2013 on Star Plus. Titled Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad, it was won by Sarthak Bhardwaj.
- "Masterchef starts now".
- "Shipra Khanna wins Master Chef 2". The Times Of India. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Nita Mehta on MasterChef".
- "'MasterChef 2' has helped me reclaim my life: Shipra Khanna – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- 'Nach Baliye contestants on MasterChef'
- My Dream is Too Cook for Gordon Ramsay, says
- "'MasterChef India 4' judges to turn into singers for finale". The Times of India. 8 April 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Nikita Gandhi Wins 'Masterchef India Season 4'; Fans Congratulate Her". 12 April 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "A short order full of flavour". The Hindu.
- "MasterChef India's New Promo Looks Interesting And Intimidating". Republic India. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- Title=Page Created Here- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MasterChef_India_(season_6)&redlink=1#References