|Directed by||Marius Toader, Monica Senchiu - Media Factory (4-)|
|Presented by||Răzvan Fodor|
|Judges||Răzvan Exarhu (6-) Samuel le Torriellec (6-) Liviu Popescu (6-) Patrizia Paglieri (4-5) Florin Scripcă "FOA" (4-5) Adrian Hădean (4-5) Cătălin Scărlătescu (1-3) Sorin Bontea (1-3) Florin Dumitrescu (1-3)|
|Theme music composer||Katy Perry|
|Opening theme||Hot n Cold (only in the second Season)|
|Country of origin||Romania|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||95 aired|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Original network||Pro TV|
|Original release||20 March 2012 – present|
MasterChef Romania is the Romanian version of the television cooking game show, open to amateur and home chefs. The first series is featured to start on 20 March 2012 and it is broadcast by Pro TV channel in Romania. The show is hosted by Romanian actor Răzvan Fodor. The panel was completed by Cătălin Scărlătescu, Sorin Bontea and Florin Dumitrescu but they are replaced in season 4 by Patrizia Paglieri, Adrian Hădean and Florin Scripcă. Starting with the 6th Season, the MasterChef panel has been replaced by chefs Răzvan Exarhu, Samuel le Torriellec and Liviu Popescu.
The second season was broadcast between 5 March and 28 May 2013.
The third season was broadcast between 18 March and 10 June 2014.
The fourth season started on 15 September 2014 and concluded on 23 December 2014.
The fifth season started on September 14, 2015 and lasted until 14 December 2015.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Of all the amateur chefs who audition nationwide, one hundred are chosen to cook their signature dish for the three judges. Each judge takes a taste of the dish and gives his opinion before voting a "yes" or a "no". At least two "yes" votes are required to earn a white MasterChef apron, allowing the competitor to advance.
In the Mystery Box challenge, contestants receive a number of ingredients of which they are to make a dish of their choice. The contestants are allowed to use any number of the ingredients they wish, and are free to leave any ingredients out. Once the dishes are finished, the judges choose three of the dishes to taste. The winner receives an advantage in the following elimination challenge.
The off-site team challenge involves the contestants being split into two teams, blue and red, which consist of equal numbers and are given a task, for example, running a restaurant or catering for a party or wedding. After the task has been completed, the teams are given the results, which can be determined by third party votes. Members of the losing team compete in an elimination challenge.
A "pressure test" challenge involves competitors who failed in a previous challenge (i.e. the three worst performers in an individual challenge or the losing team in a group challenge). The competitors are given a dish that they then must create in a particular time frame. Once the contestants have finished cooking, the dishes are taken to the judges to be tasted, who then criticize, vote and eliminate one or more contestants.
|Season||Season Premiere Date||Season Finale Date||No. of Finalists||No of Episodes||Winner||Runner-up||Judges||Presenter|
|1||March 20, 2012||June 6, 2012||21||13||Petru Buiucă||Mimi Nicolae||Cătălin Scărlătescu
|2||March 5, 2013||May 28, 2013||24||14||Aida Parascan||Alex Hora|
|3||March 18, 2014||June 10, 2014||22||13||Jesica Zamfir||Irina Bucșă|
|4||September 15, 2014||December 23, 2014||24||25||Ciprian Ogarcă||Odette Mândruță||Patrizia Paglieri
|5||September 14, 2015||December 14, 2015||24||26||Andrei Voica||Liviu Balint|
|6||February 13, 2017||In motion||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||Răzvan Exarhu
Samuel le Torriellec
The second season started on 5 March 2013. The grand prize was won by Aida Parascan, a housewife that lives with her family in Italy, but came especially back to Romania to take part at the show. The prize remained the same, 50,000 euros.
The third season started on 18 March 2014.
The fourth season started on 15 September 2014. The winner of this season was announced on December 23, 2014 and is Ciprian Ogarcă.
- Andronache, Carmen Maria (10 February 2012). "Show-ul MasterChef de la ProTV, prezentat de Răzvan Fodor" [The show MasterChef from ProTV, presented by Răzvan Fodor]. Pagina de media (in Romanian). Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- ""MasterChef" are din toamnă un nou juriu de excepție : Patrizia Paglieri, Adrian Hădean și Florin Scripcă" ["MasterChef" has from this autumn a new jury of exception: Patrizia Paglieri, Adrian Hădean and Florin Scripcă]. Pro TV (in Romanian). 2 July 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Cel mai urmărit cooking show din România, MasterChef, are un nou juriu!" (in Romanian). 30 August 2016. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "MasterChef, din 20 martie pe ProTV". Refresh.ro. 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "MasterChef - 5 Martie 2013 Online". Runvideo. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- ""MasterChef", cel mai bun debut de sezon din istoria show-ului de la ProTV. 3 milioane de romani au urmarit prima editie". protv.ro. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "MASTERCHEF luni 15 SEPTEMBRIE 2014: MasterChef a debutat LUNI, la Pro TV". Voceatransilvaniei.ro/. 2014-09-16.
- "Noul sezon "MasterChef" debutează pe 14 septembrie, la PRO TV. Impresiile celor trei juraţi despre noii concurenţi". Ştirile Pro TV. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Primul MasterChef din Romania este Petru Buiuca. Iata probele din finala". Stirileprotv.ro. 2015-07-03. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "AcasaTV - Ce a facut Petru Buiuca, castigatiorul MasterChef , cu banii castigati - Stiri". Acasatv.ro. 2013-06-19. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Petru Luca. "EXCLUSIV! Aida Parascan, castigatoarea Masterchef,... | WOWBiz". Wowbiz.ro. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Madalina Cerban (2014-03-10). ""MasterChef" revine la Pro TV pe 18 martie". Mediafax.ro. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "Masterchef | ProTv". Masterchef.protv.ro. Retrieved 2017-04-02.