Master (2020 film)
Third look poster
|Directed by||Lokesh Kanagaraj|
|Produced by||Xavier Britto|
|Screenplay by||Lokesh Kanagaraj|
|Music by||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Edited by||Philomin Raj|
Master is a upcoming 2020 Indian Tamil-language action-thriller film written and directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, and produced by Xavier Britto. The film stars Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi in the lead roles. The music for the film composed by Anirudh Ravichander while cinematography and editing are performed by Sathyan Sooryan and Philomin Raj. The film will be released worldwide on the 9th of April 2020.
- Vijay Sethupathi
- Malavika Mohanan
- Shanthanu Bhagyaraj
- Andrea Jeremiah
- Arjun Das
- Nagendra Prasad
- Ramya Subramanian
- Ramesh Thilak
- Azhagam Perumal
- Soundarya Nandakumar
- Gouri Kishan
- Brigada Sagaya
- Lintu Rony
- Sunil Reddy
- Nakkalites Rajesh Kumar
- Ravi Venkatraman
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Anirudh Ravichander chronology|
|Singles from Master|
The music for this film is composed by Anirudh Ravichander. The first track is Kutti Story sung by Vijay himself, and was released on February 14, 2020. The score for the film is composed by Anirudh Ravichander.
|1.||"Kutti Story"||Arunraja Kamaraj||Vijay||5:02|
In August 2019, director Lokesh Kanagaraj tweeted that he would be working with Vijay in a film produced by Xavier Britto. Along with the news, he revealed some of the crew that will work on the film, with Anirudh Ravichander being approached as the music director and Silva for stunt choreography. Sathyan Sooryan and Philomin Raj were retained as the cinematographer and editor respectively for this film, after previously collaborated on director's Kaithi. The following week, the rest of the cast was disclosed. Other cast additions included Malavika Mohanan, Shanthanu Bhagyaraj and Antony Varghese the latter making his Tamil debut. Principal photography began with a traditional pooja (prayer ceremony) on 3 October 2019. Varghese later opted out of the project, citing scheduling conflicts. He was later replaced by Arjun Das, who was a part of Lokesh's previous venture, Kaithi (2019).
The film's first look poster was released on New Year's Eve (31 December 2019) with the film's official title revealed in the picture . In the poster, Vijay stares at the camera with an intense look. The second look poster was released on Thai Pongal Day (15 January 2020). In the poster, we see a group of boys facing the other way with Vijay in the middle making a silencing gesture. The third look poster was released on India's Republic Day (26 January 2020). In the poster, we can see Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi face to face. 
The first single song of the film released on Feb 14 named "Kutti Story" with Vijay himself singing the main vocals and 90% of lyrics being in English which makes easy to understand for other language people. Master's First single earned Most Viewed Tamil Lyric Video Song in 24 Hours (9 Million) by beating Darbar's 'Chumma Kizhi' (8 Million) of same composer Anirudh Ravichander and Most Liked Lyric Video Song in 24 Hours (1 Million Likes). Makers of the film came up with the idea of Animated Short Story related to the lyrics which makes the video even more eye catchy.
- "Team Master arrives in Mumbai; second schedule begins". The Indian Express. November 2019.
- "Vijay's 'Master' adds Andrea Jeremiah, Gouri G Kishan to cast". The Hindu. 31 October 2019.
- "Vijay's Thalapathy 64 launched with a puja ceremony, see pic". Hindustan Times. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "Thalapathy 64 actress Malavika Mohanan jets off on a vacation after wrapping up fight scenes with co-star Vijay Sethupathi - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Shanthnu Bhagyaraj to join Thalapathy 64? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Subramanian, Anupama (30 October 2019). "Andrea joins Thalapathy Yogi Babu 64". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Master (2020 film): Antony Varghese out, Kaithi star Arjun Das hops on board". India Today.
- "Nassar to play the role of a senior professor in 'Thalapathy 64'? - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Thalapathy 64 first look poster: Vijay's next is titled 'Master' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Thalapathy 64 first-look out: Vijay's next called 'Master' ridden with mystery". The New Indian Express.
- World, Republic. "Vijay starrer 'Thalapathy 64' first look release date announced". Republic World.
- "Playback singer Soundarya Nandakumar joins Thalapathy 64: Working with Vijay sir is vera level". India Today. Ist.
- Desk, The Hindu Net (31 December 2019). "Vijay's 'Thalapathy 64' now titled 'Master'". The Hindu – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Malayalam actor Lintu Rony joins Lokesh Kanakaraj's 'Thalapathy 64'". 12 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Maanagaram fame Lokesh Kanagaraj officially announces Thalapathy 64". www.thenewsminute.com. 24 August 2019. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Malavika Mohanan joins Thalapathy 64". www.thenewsminute.com. 2 October 2019. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Malayalam actor Antony Varghese roped in for Thalapathy 64". www.thenewsminute.com. October 2019. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Desk, The Hindu Net (3 October 2019). "Vijay's 'Thalapathy 64' goes on floors". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Thalapathy 64: Aadai director Rathna Kumar comes on board as an additional screenplay writer". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- "Why is Vijay's Master poster blurry? Designer Gopi Prasanna reveals details".
- "Thalapathy 64 first-look out: Vijay's next called 'Master' ridden with mystery". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 January 2020.