Master FVB (active c. 1480 — 1500) was an anonymous early Netherlandish engraver. According to one tradition, the artist is identical to Franz von Bocholt, but there seems to be no evidence to support such a claim.
Arthur M. Hind remarks on the influence of Dieric Bouts on the work of Master FVB. Hind also notes about Master FVB that "in spirit he comes nearer than any engraver of the time to the Master of the Amsterdam Cabinet and Shongauer."
- Hans M. Schmidt, et al. "Masters, anonymous, and monogrammists." In Grove Art Online. Oxford Art Online, (accessed February 1, 2012; subscription required).
- Hind, Arthur M. A History of Engraving & Etching From the 15th Century to the Year 1914. Dover Publications. p. 34. ISBN 9780486209548. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Media related to Master FVB at Wikimedia Commons
- Entry for Master FVB on the Union List of Artist Names
- Master FVB on ArtCyclopedia
- Master FVB's "The Annuciation", with analysis, at the British Museum
|This article about a Dutch artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|