- Clifford Alexander, Jr., member, Equal Opportunity Commission; LBJ's special assistant
- Hugh Calkins, Cleveland lawyer, member, Harvard Corp
- Ramsey Clark, partner, Weiss, Goldberg, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison; former attorney general
- Lloyd Cutler, lawyer, Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering, Washington, D.C.
- Henry L. Kimelman, chief fund raiser for McGovern. president, Overview Group
- Raymond Lapin, former president, FNMA; corporation executive
- Hans F. Loeser, chairman, Boston Lawyers' Vietnam Committee
- Robert McNamara, president, World Bank; former Secretary of Defense
- Hans Morgenthau, a pioneer in the field of international relations theory.
- Victor Palmieri, lawyer, business consultant, real estate executive, Los Angeles.
- Arnold Picker, Muskie's chief fund raiser; chairman executive committee, United Artists
- Robert S. Pirie, Harold Hughes' chief fund raiser: Boston lawyer.
- Joseph Rosenfield, Harold Hughes' money man; retired Des Moines lawyer.
- Henry Rowen, president, Rand Corp., former assistant director of budget (LBJ)
- R. Sargent Shriver, Jr., former US. ambassador to France; lawyer, Strasser, Spiefelberg, Fried, Frank & Kempelman, Washington, D.C.; 1972 Democratic Party Vice Presidential candidate; former director of the Peace Corps
- Theodore Sorensen, lawyer, Weiss, Goldberg, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, New York.
- Ray Stark, Broadway producer.
- Howard Stein, president and director, Dreyfus Corporation.
- Milton Semer, chairman, Muskie Election Committee; lawyer, Semer and Jacobsen
- George H. Talbot, president, Charlotte Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. ; headed anti-Vietnam ad
- Arthur Taylor, vice president, International Paper Company [presently CBS president]
- Jack Valenti, president, Motion Picture Association.
- Paul Warnke, Muskie financial supporter, former assistant secretary of defense
- Thomas J. Watson, Jr., Muskie financial supporter; chairman, IBM