Master of Applied Science
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Master of Applied Science (abbreviations include MASc, MAppSc, MApplSc, M.A.Sc. and MAS) is an academic degree. It is conferred far more widely in the Commonwealth of Nations than in the US.
"MASc" degrees are generally conferred in Commonwealth of Nations for engineering-related studies more academic than those required for the Master of Engineering (MEng). MASc degrees require coursework and a thesis, with the thesis being the major component, whereas a Master of Engineering may require only coursework and a project, with the coursework being the major component.
"MAppSc" and "MApplSc" degrees are conferred in Australia and New Zealand for a wider variety of professional studies, to include practitioner fields outside of engineering.
"MASc" is conferred in at least fifteen North American universities: Arizona State University, University of British Columbia, Dalhousie University, Delta State University, University of Delaware, University of Nebraska, Carleton University, University of Denver, University of Guelph, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Concordia University, University of Toronto, Ryerson University, McMaster University, Queen's University, University of Victoria, York University, École de technologie supérieure, and Université de Montréal, in the more expansive manner of Australia and New Zealand.
"MESc" is conferred at The University of Western Ontario, although the degree is equivalent to the MASc.
- "OCIECE - Programs". The Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- "Department of Mechanical Engineering - Master of Applied Science (MASc)". Dalhousie University.
- "Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering - Research Degrees". University of Toronto.
- "McMaster University - Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Engineering". McMaster University.
- "MASc - Queen's University". Queen's University.
- "MASc - University of Victoria". University of Victoria.
- "Graduate Admission - MASc". York University.
- "Graduate Programs". ÉTS Montréal.
- "Programmes d'études en sciences pures et appliquées - Université de Montréal". admission.umontreal.ca. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Mechanical and Materials Engineering - Master of Engineering Science (MESc)". University of Western Ontario.