Master of Counselling
The Master of Counselling or Counseling (MC, M.C., or M.Couns.) is a postgraduate professional degree. The degree prepares students for professional practice as counsellors or counselling psychologists in mental health clinics, community organizations, schools, post-secondary educational institutions, employee assistance programs, and private practice. Students typically choose a specialization, such as counselling psychology, school counselling, marital & couples counselling, career counselling, or art therapy.
A number of Australian universities, including La Trobe University, The University of Queensland, Victoria University, Monash University, and Curtin University, offer a Master of Counselling degree.
The degree is awarded by a number of Canadian universities such as the University of Calgary, the University of Lethbridge, and Athabasca University. The degree meets academic requirements to attain registration as a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association or Registered Psychologist (R.Psych) in certain Canadian provinces, including Alberta. 
- "Master of Counselling (MCouns)". University of Queensland - Courses and programmes. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Master of Counselling, Victoria University".
- "Master in Counselling, Monash University".
- "Master of Counselling, Curtin University".
- Graduate Programs in Education, https://www.ucalgary.ca/gpe/programs/master-counselling-mc-campus
- Faculty of Education, Programs Offered, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2011-10-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- MC Program Requirements, http://calendar.athabascau.ca/grad/counsel_01_05.php
- "Master of Counselling(MCouns)".
- "Master of Counselling (Interpersonal Dialogue): Overview". University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Idaho State University "Program Profile: Master of Counseling" Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 26 May 2012.
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|