Master of International Business
The Master of International Business (M.I.B. or MIB) is a master's degree designed to develop the capabilities and resources of managers in the global economy. It is for those seeking to establish or accelerate a career in international business.
The origins of this type of program go back to the creation in 1946 of the American Institute of Foreign Trade, known today as Thunderbird School of Global Management, in Glendale, Arizona. Thunderbird's program was referred to as a Master of International Management until 2000, when it adopted the MBA in Global Management denomination. The structure of the program combined international business, international political economy, and learning of languages and world cultures. Other similar programs are now offered by a range of business schools under a variety of denominations.
Emphasizing the practical application of specialized knowledge, the program equips management with skills tailored to the international business environment.
The Master in International Business focuses on strategic planning for international operations and provides an in-depth understanding of the organizational capabilities required for international operations, including specialized functions such as international marketing, finance and human resource management. Master in international business degrees also include classes that address topics such as imports and exports and intercultural communication.
Admission normally requires an undergraduate degree in any discipline, the equivalent of two years full-time work in a role that has an international focus, a personal statement and a successful GMAT/GRE score.
The course structure is modelled on that of the MBA program.
The course is normally offered as a 16 subject program that would take two years of full-time study or four years of part-time study to complete.
Students who meet certain prerequisites may be able to undertake the degree as a 12 subject program. In this case, there would be an expectation of completion within 18 months if studying full-time or three years if studying part-time.
Hult International Business School offers the Master of International Business program to be completed in 1 year.
Institutes that offer the Master in International Business
Ramapo College of New Jersey
- United States:
- Florida International University
- St. Thomas University
- Georgia State University
- Hult International Business School
- Lynn University
- Northeastern University
- North Central College
- Nova Southeastern University
- Saint Louis University
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Tufts University
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Florida
- University of South Carolina
- Stratford University
- Canada: Queen's University, Ontario
- Colombia: Universidad EAFIT, Medellin
- Italy: Università degli studi di Pavia, Pavia
- Czech Republic: University of Economics, Prague
- Denmark: Aarhus School of Business, Copenhagen Business School
- France: KEDGE Business School, HEC Paris, IÉSEG School of Management, ESG Management School, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, ESC Rennes School of Business, École de management Strasbourg, Grenoble Graduate School of Business, Paris Dauphine University, European Business School Paris
- Germany: University of Applied Sciences Worms, Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin
- Greece: University of Macedonia
- Hungary: International Business School, Budapest
- Iceland: Bifröst University
- Ireland: Smurfit Business School, Griffith College Dublin
- Netherlands: Maastricht University, HAN University of Applied Sciences
- Norway: Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
- Spain: Deusto Business School, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, EAE Business School, Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade. UDIMA Distance University of Madrid, UPF-Barcelona school of Management.
- Switzerland: Swiss Hotel Management School, International University in Geneva, University of Lausanne
- Turkey: Istanbul University, Marmara University,
- UK: London School of Economics, Coventry University, Grenoble Graduate School of Business London campus London School of Business and Finance, Hult International Business School, University of Leeds, Keele University, University of East London, University of Winchester, London Metropolitan University, York St John University, Liverpool Hope University, Northampton University, London Business School(Global Masters in Management), Edinburgh Napier University
- Chidambaram TN: Annamalai University
- Aurangabad: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Bangalore: Alliance University
- Bareilly: Invertis University
- Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
•Bhubaneswar: Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
- Chandigarh: University Business School, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Coimbatore: PSG CAS, Dr G R Damodaran College of Science, Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, jeyendra college.
- Dehradun: UPES
- Delhi: Delhi School of Economics, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Kolkata (IIFT)
- Guntur: Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Gwalior: Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
- Hyderabad: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Gitam University, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India Institute of public enterprise
- Jaipur: University of Rajasthan
- Japan: Rikkyo University
- Karaikudi: Alagappa University
- Mumbai: K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR)
- navi Mumbai:D Y PATIL UNIVERSITY ,school of management
- Meerut:ccsu Meerut
- Noida: Amity Business School
- Pondicherry: Pondicherry University
- Pune: Pune University, Symbiosis Institute of International Business
- Udaipur: Mohanlal Sukhadia University,
- Varanasi: Faculty of Management Studies, BHU
- Vellore: Vellore Institute of Technology
- Singapore: Grenoble Graduate School of Business Singapore campus Management Development Institute of Singapore, PSB Academy
- Iran: Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
- Adelaide: University of Adelaide, University of South Australia
- Brisbane: Queensland University of Technology
- Canberra: The Australian National University, University of Canberra
- Melbourne: RMIT University, Swinburne University of Technology, University of Melbourne, Monash University, La Trobe University
- Other cities: Southern Cross University, Griffith University, University of the Sunshine Coast, Deakin University, University of Newcastle, Australia, University of Tasmania, University of New England (Australia), University of Wollongong, Bond University
- Perth: Curtin University, Edith Cowan University
- Sydney: Macquarie University, University of Western Sydney, University of Sydney, International College of Management, Sydney
- "International Business MBA and Masters Degree Programs". Thunderbird School of Global Management. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Online Schools Offering International Business Degrees". Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "Statutes and Regulations: Regulation 5.4.R1 - Economics and Commerce: The University of Melbourne", The University of Melbourne. Retrieved March 19, 2009.
- "QUT Approved Award Abbreviations", http://cms.qut.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/24862/postnominal-abbreviations.pdf, Queensland University of Technology. Retrieved February 2, 2014
- "International Master of Business Administration". Stratford University.
- "Master of International Business". Universidad EAFIT - School of Business. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Master of International Business".