Masters of True Crime
|Author||R. Barri Flowers, et al|
|Genre||True crime, Mystery, Anthology|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The book includes 17 true-crime short stories by what True Crime Zine called "some of the best authors of the genre." Contributing authors include: Burl Barer, Carol Anne Davis, Phyllis Gobbell, Laura James, Douglas E. Jones, Camille Kimball, Amanda Lamb, Lee Lofland, Michele McPhee, Katherine Ramsland, Linda Rosencrance, Harold Schechter, Cathy Scott, Robert Scott, Patricia Springer, and Ronald J. Watkins. Flowers also contributed a chapter to the anthology, about murders committed in the 1970s by former MSU graduate student Donald Miller, the university's only known serial killer.
In fall 2012, upon the book's release, Michigan State University's alumni magazine profiled the editor, a graduate of MSU. Masters of True Crime was included in BookTalk.org's Featured Book Suggestions list.
In November 2012, San Francisco Book Review wrote, "In this book, attorneys, reporters, professors, cops, and true crime writers describe exploding bombs, missing persons, cold cases, domestic homicides, organized crime, escaped convicts, kids gone wrong, a dead Girl Scout, and even a psychopathic Russian Countess."
- Kim Cantrell (2012-08-22). "Masters of True Crime: Chilling Stories of Murder and the Macabre". True Crime Zine. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Alumnus compiles crime stories". The State News. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- MSU Alumni Magazine (page 16), Fall 2012
- "Featured Book Suggestions". BookTalk.org. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- Ian Walkley (July 2012). "Masters of True Crime by R. Barri Flowers (Editor)". The Big Thrill. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- Crime Magazine, "Book 'Em," September 10, 2012
- "Masters of True Crime: Chilling stories of Murder and the Macabre". San Francisco Book Review. Retrieved 2012-11-11.