|Presented by||Angela Rippon|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||135|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||21 October 1985– 21 December 1987|
Team Challenge (1), In The Spotlight (1), In A Spin, In The Spotlight (2), Team Challenge (2).
The Team Challenge round was questions on the buzzer and lasted for 60 seconds with two points for a correct answer. An incorrect answer from an interrupted question gave one point to the opposing team and allowed them to answer the question in full for the second point. The team that led at the end of round were allowed to pick a member of the opposing team to answer questions on their chosen subject from a selection of six in Round 2 called In The Spotlight.
Again two points for a correct answer. The other team then returned the favour. Then third round lasted 30 seconds and was called In A Spin where the computer selected three letters at random from which the teams had to make the longest word they could with the letters in the same order within the word. The longest word gained 5 points for the team. The fourth round was the same as the second with the person who answered questions in Round 2 excluded. The final round was the same as the first.
The team with the most points won the game, and then went on to a play a new team. Any team winning two games reached Bronze Medal status, three games Silver Medal status and four games Gold Medal status after which they were retired. These teams were entered onto a leaderboard with the highest eight scoring teams returning for the knockout stages from Quarter-Final onwards. These later stages incorporated an additional round, entitled 'It's All Yours', in which the teams would have a minute to answer as many questions as they could by means of conferring and answering via their captains. This round would be played twice per show, in between the 'Team Challenge' and 'Spotlight' rounds.
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|1||21 October 1985||20 December 1985||45|
|2||20 October 1986||19 December 1986||45|
|3||19 October 1987||21 December 1987||45|
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 21 October 1985". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 20 December 1985". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 20 October 1986". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 19 December 1986". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 19 October 1987". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- "Masterteam - BBC One London - 21 December 1987". BBC Genome Project. Retrieved 25 March 2016.