|Subject||Strategy, self-help, philosophy|
|November 13, 2012|
|Preceded by||The 50th Law|
|Followed by||The Laws of Human Nature|
Mastery is the fifth book by the American author Robert Greene. The book examines the lives of historical figures such as Charles Darwin and Henry Ford, as well as the lives of contemporary leaders such as Paul Graham and Freddie Roach, and examines what led to their success. The book was published on November 13, 2012 by Viking Adult.
The book originated from a realization that Greene reached while writing and researching his previous books; Greene concluded that the people he studied had similar paths to success. After finishing The 50th Law, Greene focused on this concept in writing Mastery.
Mastery explains how to become successful by examining the lives of historical figures such as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Albert Einstein, as well as through Greene's interviews with contemporary figures such as Teresita Fernandez, Cesar Rodriguez, and Daniel Everett.
Mastery reached #6 on The New York Times Bestseller list and was featured in The New York Times, CNN Money, The Huffington Post, Business Insider, Forbes, Management Today, and Fast Company.
- Capouya, John (November 9, 2012). "Zen and the art of global domination". CNN Money. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012.
- Greene, Robert (2012). Mastery. Viking. ISBN 978-0670024964.
- Ben Thapa. Interviewing Robert Greene about Mastery, Hustle, Fear, Boxing and MMA. Bloody Elbow. November 12, 2012.
- Losowsky, Andrew (October 16, 2012). "'Mastery' By Robert Greene Wants Its Readers To Achieve Greatness (VIDEO)". Huffington Post.
- Greene, Robert. Hidden Powers & My Next Book: Mastery: Part 1. Power Seduction and War. October 1, 2012.
- Ten Inspirational Moments from Robert Greene. 33voices.
- Kurutz, Steven (November 7, 2012). "Renovate Like a Master". New York Times.
- How Yoky Matsuoka created the modern robotic hand, and what the rest of us can learn from her GeekWire. November 12, 2012.
- Thapa, Ben. Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao, Excerpt From Robert Greene’s Mastery. Bloody Elbow. November 13, 2012.
- Groth, Aimee (November 2, 1012). "27 Tips For Mastering Anything". Business Insider.
- Bradt, George (November 8, 2012). "Beyond 10,000 Hours: The Constant Pursuit of Mastery". Forbes.
- Chamorro-Premuzic, Tomas. Book review: Mastery, by Robert Greene. Management Today. November 1, 2012.
- Robert Greene. The Aha! Moments That Made Paul Grahms Y Combinator Possible. Fast Company. November 12, 2012.
- ‘Mastery’ By Robert Greene: How to Become a Master in Your Chosen Field. Huffington Post. November 15, 2012.
- Best Sellers: Advice and Misc..The New York Times. November 26, 2012.
- "Mastery". USA Today.
- Top ideas with visual notes for Mastery
- Power Seduction and War: The Blog of Robert Greene
- The Magic of Apprenticeship — A How-To Guide on TheFourHourWorkweek.com
- The Path to Mastery on Copyblogger
- Robert Greene on How to Become Exceptional at Whatever You Do on The Rise to the Top