مسزلي بن ماليك
|Minister of Education|
|Assumed office |
21 May 2018
|Prime Minister||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Deputy||Teo Nie Ching|
|Preceded by||Mahdzir Khalid |
(Minister of Education)
(Minister of Higher Education)
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Simpang Renggam
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Liang Teck Meng (BN-GERAKAN)|
|7th President of International Islamic University Malaysia|
5 September 2018 – November 2018
|Preceded by||Rais Yatim|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Daud Bakar|
Maszlee bin Malik
19 December 1974
Johor Bahru, Johor
|Political party||BERSATU (since 2018)|
Dr. Maszlee bin Malik (Jawi: مسزلي بن ماليك; Chinese: 马智礼; pinyin: Mǎzhìlǐ) is a Malaysian politician currently serving as the Minister of Education since 21 May 2018 and the Member of Parliament for Simpang Renggam.
Born in Johor Bahru, Johor, he is of Hakka Chinese (his mother) and Malay descent. He attended the English College (now Sultan Abu Bakar College) and Maahad Johor. He completed his doctorate in Political Science from Durham University with his doctoral thesis titled "Constructing the Architectonics and Formulating the Articulation of Islamic Governance: A Discursive Attempt in Islamic Epistemology". Before being elected, he taught at the International Islamic University Malaysia and studied Islam and the Middle East. Apart from speaking fluent Malay, Arabic and English, he also speaks moderate French, German, simple Mandarin Chinese and Hokkien.
Maszlee joined the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition's component party, the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (PPBM) in March 2018 and defeated incumbent Liang Teck Meng for the Simpang Renggam constituency in the 2018 General election.
|2018||Simpang Renggam||Maszlee Malik (PPBM)||18,157||49.61%||Liang Teck Meng (Gerakan)||14,682||40.11%||36,601||3,475||83.19%|
|Mohd Jubri Selamat (PAS)||2,983||8.15%|
- "Bernama Radio on Instagram: "Infografik: Profil Menteri Pendidikan #BernamaRadio #semuanyatentanganda #pakatanharapan"". Instagram.
- 马智礼：任教长首要任务·让师生教学快乐 [Main task as Education minister - to make teachers and students' teaching happy] (in Chinese). Sin Chew Daily. 19 May 2018. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Dr Maszlee Malik menteri pelajaran baru (Dr Maszlee Malik the new Education minister)".
- Malik, Maszlee (2011). "Constructing the Architectonics and Formulating the Articulation of Islamic Governance: A Discursive Attempt in Islamic Epistemology" (PDF). etheses.dur.ac.uk.
- 会说简单华语福建话‧教长马智礼有华人血统 [Able to speak simple Chinese and Hokkien language, Education Minister Maszlee have Chinese Descent]. sinchew.com.ny (in Chinese).
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Maszlee Malik|
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|