||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||England, United Kingdom|
|Spouse(s)||Julie Atlas Muz (2012–present)|
As an actor Fraser has performed on the hit show American Horror Story: Freak Show, and with the "Graeae Theatre Company", Europe's leading disabled theatre company. He is the creator and main performer in a new play called Thalidomide!! A Musical. He also co-hosts the BBC's Ouch! Podcast.
Fraser has appeared on television both as a presenter and as an actor, in a number of productions including Metrosexuality and Every Time You Look at Me. He is also a martial artist having studied hapkido, taekwondo, and karate. Fraser coined the use of term "spacking up" to describe when a non-disabled actor plays the part of a disabled person rather than the part going to a disabled actor, as a play on "blacking up", used to describe the controversial practice where non-black actors take on the characters of black people.
- "Mat Fraser: Kicking disability into touch". Daily Express. 10 May 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- Ouch! It's a disability thing BBC
- Schillinger, Liesl (30 January 2005). "Arms and the Man: The Star of 'The Flid Show'". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- I’m a bit surprised to be referred to as “you people”… Isn’t that kind of condescending? EoinButler.com (Irish Times), 6 March 2010
- Kung Fu Flid IMDb
- Man on a mission Irish Times, 7 June 2011 (subscription required)
- "David Osbourne played by Mat Fraser". Fair City. Raidió Teilifís Éireann.
- Flippers and strippers – Mat Fraser and Julie Atlas Muz Time Out London, 31 August 2012
- From Paraphilia to Paralympics with Mat Fraser This is Cabaret, 8 September 2012
- Disabled drummer gets biggest gig of his life as he joins Coldplay at Games finale London Evening Standard, 10 September 2012
- As it happened: Paralympic closing ceremony BBC Sport, 9 September 2012