Matahari (department store)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matahari logo since 2008
|PT Stephens Utama International Leasing Corp|
|Traded as||IDX: LPPF|
|Founded||October 24, 1958|
Number of locations
|125 across Indonesia|
PT Matahari Department Store Tbk, doing business as Matahari, is an Indonesian company working in the retail business for several types of products such as clothes, accessories, bags, shoes, cosmetics, and household appliances, which provides management consulting service.
The first Matahari outlet was opened on 24 October 1958 in Pasar Baru, Central Jakarta, in the form of children's fashion store. The store started to open a modern department store in 1972. In 1980, a Matahari outlet opened in Bogor, East Java - the first outlet outside Jakarta.
Matahari established as a legal company PT Stephens Utama International Leasing Corp based on Notarial Deed No. 2 dated 1 April 1982 of Misahardi Wilamarta, S.H.. The deed of establishment was approved by the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Indonesia in Decision Letter No. C2-2611-HT.01.01.Th.82 dated 18 November 1982, and was published in the State Gazette No. 4 dated 14 January 1983, Supplement No. 58.
The initial public offering of Matahari was done on 1989 with its 2,140,000 type A shares being valued in full amount of IDR 1,000.
- Matahari Department Store Tbk 2014, p. 6.
- Matahari Department Store Tbk 2014, p. 7.
- Matahari Department Store Tbk, PT (2014). PT Matahari Department Store Tbk: Financial Statements 31 December 2013 and 2012. PT Bursa Efek Indonesia.
- Company website (2017) : http://www.matahari.co.id/about
(Below were brands associated with Matahari brand)
- Hypermart, a hypermarket chain
- Foodmart, a supermarket chain formerly known as Matahari Supermarket
- Timezone, an Australian video arcade chain whose franchise in Indonesia is taken by Matahari
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|