|Privately held company|
|John Hargreaves (founder & chairman)|
Jason Hargreaves (Managing Director)
|Revenue||£1.1 billion GBP (2013)|
|Owner||John Hargreaves & Family|
In 2009 Hargreaves sought to sell off Matalan but failed to find buyers willing to meet the £1.5 billion price Hargreaves set.
Jason Hargreaves was appointed managing director in July 2013.
In July 2014, they were the focus of a campaign by 38 Degrees and Labour Behind the Label, for failing to contribute to the official compensation fund co-ordinated by the ILO. This was in contrast to some of their main competitors, such as Primark who contributed $9 million. After pressure, they announced that they would contribute an undisclosed amount. It was later revealed that they had paid £60,000  in to the fund, which labour rights campaigns challenged as being an insufficient amount compared with other retailers.
- "Matalan founder John Hargreaves to trouser £250m in refinancing deal". www.theguardian.com. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Holland, Tiffany (15 July 2013). "Profile: Matalan's new managing director Jason Hargreaves".
- "Pressure intensifies on Matalan to give to Rana Plaza fund". The Times. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "'If Primark can pay over factory collapse, why can't Matalan?' - Telegraph". Telegraph.co.uk. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Primark Ethical Trading - Our Work in Bangladesh". Primark Ethical Trading. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- Julia Kollewe. "Matalan donates to Rana Plaza victims' trust fund one day before deadline". the Guardian. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Press Release: Matalan slammed for "trivial" compensation payments to Rana Plaza victims". Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "38 Degrees - Blog - Matalan: Only £60,000". Retrieved 25 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matalan.|