From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
West entrance of Matamoras, Indiana
Blackford County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||438709|
Matamoras is an unincorporated community in the northeast portion of Harrison Township, Blackford County, Indiana. Matamoras is Blackford County's oldest community, although it was not the first to be platted.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Matamoras, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- A History of Blackford County, p. 117.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 212. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village probably was named for the Mexican city captured by American troops...
- A History of Blackford County, Indiana : with historical accounts of the county, 1838-1986 [and] histories of families who have lived in the county. Hartford City, Indiana: Blackford County Historical Society. 1986. p. 302. OCLC 15144953.
|This Blackford County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|