Matariki Network of Universities
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Matariki Network of Universities (MNU) is an international group of universities that focuses on strong links between research and undergraduate teaching. Each member is leading international best practice in research and education based on long academic traditions. The MNU was established in 2010 to enable universities to enhance diversity, to share ideas and expertise, and to learn international best practice from each other, recognising the shared commitment to an ethos of excellence in research, scholarship and rounded education.
Name and research activities
Potential activities for the newly formed network include:
- enhanced student exchange
- joint postgraduate programmes
- social-responsibility projects
- research collaboration
- conferences and workshops on topics of mutual interest
- visiting fellowships
- faculty and staff exchange and secondments
- benchmarking and sharing of best practice
- cultural and sporting activities
As of September 2010 the founding members of the Matariki Network of Universities are:
|Members||Country||Year Established||World Rank by THE-WUR, 2017||World Rank by ARWU, 2016||World Rank by QS, 2017|
|University of Otago||New Zealand||1869||201-250th||301-400th||169th|
|University of Tübingen||Germany||1477||89th||151-200th||167th|
|University of Western Australia||Australia||1911||125th||96th||102nd|
- "The International Office". Durham University. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "Minutes of the University Executive Committee" (PDF). Durham University. 23 Mar 2010. Retrieved 28 Jun 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Welcome to the Matariki Network of Universities (MNU)". MNU. Retrieved 28 Jun 2010.
- "The Name". The Matariki Network of Universities. Retrieved 28 Jun 2010.
- "Queen's joins new international network". Queen's University. 17 May 2010. Archived from the original on 26 May 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "Members of the Matariki Network of Universities". The Matariki Network of Universities. Retrieved 28 Jun 2010.
- "The World University Rankings 2016-2017". Times Higher Education. 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2016". ShanghaiRanking Consultancy. 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "QS World University Rankings 2016". QS World University Rankings. QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2017.