A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||London in 1987|
|Founder||Tom and Ruth Chapman|
Number of locations
|Ulric Jerome (CEO) Tom and Ruth Chapman|
MatchesFashion.com is a London-based global luxury retailer for men and women, offering the work of more than 400 luxury brands like Gucci, Prada, Stella McCartney, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Burberry and Lanvin. The business operates online and via four London stores, and runs No.23, a private-shopping townhouse.
In 2016, Matchesfashion relocated its London headquarters from Clapham Common to The Shard during the first half of the year, ahead of its international expansion push. They currently occupy 7th, 8th and 11th floors of The Shard with over 500 members of staff.
Tom Chapman and Ruth Chapman opened the first Matches store in Wimbledon Village in 1987. They opened their second store in Richmond ten years later in 1997, followed by a third in Ledbury Road in 1999.
In 2004, Matches launched their own magazine promoting their brands and products, and in 2007 they launched their website.
In 2013 the company rebranded to MATCHESFASHION.COM and opened another store in Wimbledon on the High Street in 2014.
The brand appointed Rachael Proud as Creative Director, redesigned their website to be fully responsive, and launched own label RAEY in 2015.
Matches relocated again in 2016 to the Shard, in addition to opening an outlet store at Hackney Walk and launching a mobile app.
In 2017, the brand marked its 30-year anniversary with events in New York, Paris and Los Angeles, as well as launching a social campaign. In October that year, Tom and Ruth Chapman sold a majority stake of Matchesfashion.com to private-equity funds managed by Apax Partners.
A new 20,000sq ft photo studio was opened in 2018 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Ulric Jerome (CEO)
- Tom Chapman (Founder)
- Ruth Chapman (Founder)
- Daily Mail : Alexander McQueen at Matches Fashion
- The Shard
- "Matchesfashion to open outlet store in London's Hackney". Drapers. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Clarke, Katherine. "British Fashion Entrepreneurs Spend $24 Million on Modern Los Angeles Compound". Wall Street Journal. New York City, New York. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- Official website
- MatchesFashion duo step back after successful shift to online sales The Telegraph
- Matches co-founder Ruth Chapman on fashion, family and Inspector Morse The Telegraph
- London fashion chain Matches gets £20m boost London Evening Standard