|Subsidiary of Fortive|
|Headquarters||Stow, Ohio, U.S.|
|Products||Professional hand tools|
Matco Tools, Inc. is an American professional tool distribution franchise for the automotive and other industries  and is based in Stow, Ohio, United States. This includes over 13,000 different tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, gauges, and specialty tools. Matco produces their own line of high quality toolboxes in their Jamestown, NY manufacturing plant. They manufacture and contract the production of many air tools, electric tools, hand tools and diagnostic tools. They carry a lifetime warranty on all hand tools. The company was founded in 1946 and began selling direct to professional mechanics in 1979. Originally Matco was the box manufacturing division of Mac Tools. However, they have not been associated with Mac since Matco Tools was formed 1979. Former corporate owner Danaher spun off several subsidiaries, including Matco, in 2016 to create Fortive.
Similar to Snap-on, Cornwell and many Mac Tools dealers, Matco Tools are sold by a local tool distributor who owns a territory by means of a franchise. The franchise owner drives to the work locations of potential customers, and typically offers financing to individuals looking to buy their tools. Matco trucks are easily identified by their white color with large blue and red Matco logo on the side.
NMTC, Inc. d/b/a/Matco Tools ("MATCO") is a Delaware corporation, incorporated on January 12, 1993, with its principal office at 4403 Allen Road, Stow, Ohio 44224. Matco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Matco Tools Corporation ("MTC"). MTC is a New Jersey corporation with its principal office at 4403 Allen Road, Stow, Ohio 44224.
Matco sponsors, or has sponsored, several professional racing teams, including 3-time Top Fuel champion and 45-time NHRA winner Antron Brown, and NHRA Super Comp champion and Funny Car racer Jack Beckman.
- Detail: Matco Tools.com Archived 2008-07-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://autorepair.about.com/cs/tools/a/aa081800a.htm About.com comparison of different professional tools
- About Matco Tools
- Zacks Equity Research. "Danaher Completes Fortive Spin-Off, Trading to Begin Today". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- http://www.franchising.com/matco/ Franchising Info
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2007-12-28. Franchising Info
- http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=39020 Antron Brown article
- Jack Beckman to Replace Whit Bazemore at DSR