Matehuala is the fourth-largest city in the Mexican state of San Luis Potosí. It is located at around Coordinates: , at an elevation of about 1,500 m. Matehuala is also the municipal seat of the municipality of the same name, located in the northern part of the state, on the border with the southwestern corner of Nuevo León. The city of Matehuala had a 2015 census population of 99,015 while its municipality's population was 99,015. The municipality has an area of 1,286.66 km2 (496.78 sq mi).
- Juan José Ortega - film director and producer (1904–1996)
- Link to tables of population data from Census of 2005 INEGI: Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática
- San Luis Potosí Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México
- Gobierno Municipal de Matehuala Official website
- Pagina Oficial de la Delegación D-II-86 Matehuala
|This article about a location in the Mexican state of San Luis Potosí is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|