Mater Dei High School (Evansville, Indiana)
|Mater Dei High School
Evansville Mater Dei High School
|1300 Harmony Way
Evansville, Indiana, Vanderburgh County 47720-6148
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Oversight||Diocese of Evansville|
|Principal||Mr. Darin Knight|
|Chaplain||Father Alex Zenthoefer|
|Slogan||Enter to learn, Go forth to serve|
|Athletics conference||Southern Indiana Athletic Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Yearbook||Mater Dei Hi-Lights|
|Athletic Director||Mr. Joe Herrmann|
Mater Dei High School or Evansville Mater Dei High School is a private Catholic high school on the west side of Evansville, Indiana, constructed in 1949. It is one of two Catholic high schools that serve the students of Vanderburgh, Posey, Gibson, and Warrick counties as part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Evansville.
Extracurricular programs include: athletics, theater, music, speech, dance cats, and other clubs and organizations.
- Baseball (1998–99)
- Boys Basketball (2003–04)
- Girls Basketball (2011–12), (2012-13)
- Football (2000)
- Wrestling (1986), (1995), (1996), (19997), (1998), (1999), (2000), (2001), (2002), (2003), (2006), (2007)
- Softball (2016)
State finals appearances:
- ISSMA Class D: 2006 - 8th place
- ISSMA Class D: 2007 - 5th place
- ISSMA Class D: 2010 - 4th place
- ISSMA Class D: 2011 - 7th place
Other notable achievements:
- MSBA Class A: 2009 - 4th place
- MSBA Class A: 2010 - 3rd place
The Mater Dei Marching Band are under the direction of Dan Klipper.
SAE Supermileage Competition
The team from Mater Dei High School achieved the winning mileage of the 2008 competition in the high school division (1716 miles per US gallon (0.1371 l/100 km)). Mater Dei also captured first place in the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 competitions.
IHSFA Sectional Champions (2014)
IHSFA State Finals, Class A: 1st place State Champions (1997) 3rd place (2014, 2015) 4th place (2011, 2012, 2016)
The Mater Dei Speech Team is under the direction of Coach David Nagel and Assistant Coach Evan Elliott. Students are members of the Indiana High School Forensics Association and the National Speech & Debate Association's Honor Society.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.