Mater Dolorosa Parish, Holyoke
|Mater Dolorosa Parish|
Mater Dolorosa Parish
|Location||71 Maple Street
|Diocese||Springfield in Massachusetts|
|Bishop(s)||Most Rev. Timothy A. McDonnell|
|Vicar(s)||Fr. Stanley Sobiech OFM Conv|
|Pastor(s)||Fr. Alexander B Cymerman OFM Conv|
- Founded 1896. It is one of the Polish-American Roman Catholic parishes in New England in the Diocese of Springfield in Massachusetts. The architect for this church was George P. B. Alderman of Holyoke, MA. According to the May 15, 2011 parish bulletin, the final mass was said on Sunday, June 26, 2011. "MD's" (as parishioners call it colloquially) will merge with Holy Cross to form the new Our Lady of the Cross parish.
An appeal has been made to the Vatican to re-open the Parish. There is also on-going discussion of designating the area a historical district (Polish American), which would require that the building be maintained.
- Mater Dolorosa Elementary School (Grades PK-8
- The 150th Anniversary of Polish-American Pastoral Ministry. Webster, Massachusetts: St. Joseph Basilica. September 11, 2005.
- The Official Catholic Directory in USA
- Mater Dolorosa - Diocesan information
- Mater Dolorosa - ParishesOnline.com
- Mater Dolorosa - TheCatholicDirectory.com
- Diocese of Springfield in Massachusetts
|This article about a Catholic Church in the United States church building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|