|Edited by||Seth Marder|
Royal Society of Chemistry (United Kingdom)
Materials Horizons is a bimonthly peer-reviewed scientific journal that covers research across the breadth of materials science at the interface between chemistry, physics, biology and engineering. The current executive editor is Sam Keltie, while the chair of the editorial board is Seth Marder. The journal was established in 2014. A sister journal Nanoscale Horizons was launched in 2016.
Materials Horizons publishes "Communications" (articles for rapid publication), "Reviews" (state-of-the-art accounts of a research field), "Mini-reviews" (research highlights in an emerging area of materials science, usually from the past 2–3 years) and "Focus Articles" (educational articles providing an overview of a concept in materials science).
Abstracting and Indexing
The journal is indexed in the Science Citation Index. Selective content is also indexed in Polymer Library (formerly Rapra Abstracts), Inspec, Biotechnology and Bioengineering abstracts, the Biological database, METADEX, Mechanical Engineering Abstracts (formerly ISMEC Bulletin), Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts, Metal Abstracts and CSA Technology Research Database, the British Library and Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries, CABI, as well as the Library of Congress.
- List of scientific journals in chemistry
- List of scientific journals
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A
- Journal of Materials Chemistry B
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C
- Marder, Seth; Dunn, Liz. "Materials Horizons: a personal perspective". Mater. Horiz. 1: 10. doi:10.1039/c3mh90001k.
- "UKSG eNews". Jisc-collections.ac.uk. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Nanoscale Horizons". Rsc.org. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Materials Horizons Article Guidelines". Rsc.org.
- "Science Citation Index Master List". Ip-science,thomsonreuters.com.
- "New Journals in Zetoc". Zetoc.mimas.ac.uk. 20 December 2013.