Computer algebra systems
Many tools are available for statistical analysis of data. See also Comparison of statistical packages.
The Netlib repository contains various collections of software routines for numerical problems, mostly in Fortran and C. Commercial products implementing many different numerical algorithms include the IMSL, NMath and NAG libraries; a free alternative is the GNU Scientific Library. A different approach is taken by the Numerical Recipes library, where emphasis is placed on clear understanding of algorithms.
Many computer algebra systems (listed above) can also be used for numerical computations.
Music mathematics software
Music mathematics software utilizes mathematics to analyze or synthesize musical symbols and patterns.
Low-level mathematical libraries intended for use within other programming languages:
- GMP, the GNU Multi-Precision Library for extremely fast arbitrary precision arithmetic.
- Class Library for Numbers, a high-level C++ library for arbitrary precision arithmetic.
- AMD Core Math Library, a software development library released by AMD
- See, e.g., the editorial charter of the ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software or the problem taxonomy of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Guide to Available Mathematical Software (both retrieved 2015-02-15).
- Musimathics website, freeware download
- Internet Accessible Mathematical Computation, Institute for Computational Mathematics, Kent State University, retrieved 2015-02-15.
- "Wolfram|Alpha Examples: Mathematics". www.wolframalpha.com. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- Mathstore published reviews of packages by United Kingdom Higher Education Academy's Maths, Stats & OR Network.
- CTI-Maths Older reviews.
- swMATH Database on mathematical software
|This article related to a type of software is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|