Mathias Klotz Germain Chilean architect, born in Viña del Mar on 13 April 1965. Studied at the Faculty of Architecture of the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, where he graduated in 1991. Winner of the Borromini Prize of Architecture in 2001 for under-40 architects.
Klotz together with Alejandro Aravena are among the most renowned Chilean architects of the early 21st century. His work, elegant and rooted in the Modernist tradition, has put him on the international spotlight. He is the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of the Diego Portales University in Santiago, Chile.
His work, which has been published in international architectural magazines, includes:
- Casa Klotz, Tongoy, Chile. 1993.
- Casa Reutter, Cachagua, Chile. 1999.
- Colegio Altamira, Santiago, Chile. 2000.
- Casa Ponce, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2001–03.
- Mathias Klotz Horacio Torrent – 1997
- ROSTROS VILLA PANAMERICANA: Edificio Baeza Alzaga, de Mathias ... El Informador – Feb 19, 2010 (quote:"llegó el reconocimiento internacional: en 2001 fue distinguido con el Premio Borromini"
|This article about a Chilean architect is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|