Berson with Levante in 2007
|Full name||Mathieu Berson|
|Date of birth||23 February 1980|
|Place of birth||Vannes, France|
|2005–2006||→ Auxerre (loan)||27||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Berson began his career with Nantes and made his senior debut during the 1999–2000 season, going on to start in the victorious 2000 Coupe de France Final. The following campaign, Nantes were crowned champions of France for the eight time, with Berson making 29 league appearances. Having featured for the club consistently over a four-year period, he was transferred to Premier League club Aston Villa in the summer of 2004. In January 2005, Villa signed Eric Djemba-Djemba in an attempt to replicate the successful partnership they had formed at Nantes, where they played 50 games together. However, six months later, Berson was back in France, having joined Auxerre on a season-long loan. In the summer of 2006, he was transferred to La Liga side Levante. He played regularly for the next two seasons before returning to France with Toulouse in 2008. Released by Toulouse in the summer of 2010 due to budget cuts, Berson remained without a club until signing a two-year contract with Vannes in June 2011.
- "Mathieu Berson". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Mathieu Berson". L'Équipe (in French). Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Berson going nowhere". Sky Sports. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Villa sign £1.35m Djemba-Djemba". Sky Sports. 31 January 2005. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Berson rebondit à Vannes". L'Équipe (in French). 25 June 2011. Archived from the original on 8 September 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.