|Alma mater||Concordia University, Montreal|
|Known for||Media art|
After graduating, St. Pierre returned to South Korea in 2006. His exhibition "100dpi." was shown at the Gahoedong 60 Gallery in Seoul in 2015. Regarding this exhibition, St-Pierre reiterated that the creation of his work is a matter of trial and error. St-Pierre's "100dpi." was made without an underlying subject in mind, but through gradual distortion critically observes 'the perversions of the Internet'.
St-Pierre's series 'Melting Ice Cream' (2012) found the artist experimenting with the video editing program Sony Vegas. St-Pierre superimposed HD videos of his subject onto previously glitched material and by testing various parameters was able to achieve a variety of rich colours and wave shaped patterns that creates a new narrative for memory.
Glitch Artist Collective (GAC)
St-Pierre was responsible for forming the Facebook group, Glitch Artists Collective, which has over 50,000 members. It is the largest Glitch Artists community ever created and houses sub-communities for Glitch music and technical support for other artists.
- "Le glitch de Mathieu St-pierre". Macervelleabrule.fr. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Exhibition offers taste of 'glitch art'". Koreaherald.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Kendrick Daye (2012-11-01). "Pixels versus the Perfect Imagery - Art Nouveau Magazine | So We're Basically POP's Graphic Literary Magazine". An-mag.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Mathieu St-Pierre". Dry Magazine. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "No 12 - WHITE NOISE - Why a data-driven society needs more common sense - Abstrakt - W.I.R.E". Thewire.ch. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "The Periphery | Glitch It Good: Understanding The Glitch Art Movement — The Periphery". Theperipherymag.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Hot 'N' Gold Magazine". Hotngoldmag.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "L.I.E.S. (Long Island Electrical Systems) Records – Music For Shut-Ins Album Review". Redefinemag.com. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Grace Wong. "It's not a bug, it's a feature: the rise of glitch art | Art and design". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "'Glitch Art Is Dead' | The Creators Project". Thecreatorsproject.vice.com. 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Błąd w sztuce, czyli o szukaniu glitch'u w całym". VICE. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2017-01-25.