This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2 March 1958 |
Grand-Bassam, Ivory Coast
|Education||l’Ecole des Beaux-Arts d’Abidjan|
|Known for||Painter, Director of l’Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts d’Abidjan|
From 2006, she is the Director of the Ecole Nationale des Beaux Arts in Abidjan.
Between 2003-2005 she was a researcher at the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing on Chinese traditional painting.
In 1983-1994 she was a Professor of Fine Arts at Harris School of Modern in Abidjan. Then worked as a Professor of Painting at Ecole Nationale des Beaux Arts in Abidjan between 1994-2006.
She was one of the precursors of the Vohou-Vohou movement born at L'Ecole des Beaux Arts of Abidjan in the 1970s. Vohou.Vohou is the refusal of using very expensive painting materials. Other precursors were; Yusuf Bath, Kra N'Guessan, Théodore Koudougnon, Mathilde Moreau.
- 20 September - 20 November 2008 African Artists in Residence at the Institute of Fine Arts Shenzen
- 5 June - 5 July 2008 Curated by Yacouba Konate at the headquarters of the BICICI the Plateau. The artists are; Abdoulaye Konate, Koffi Setordji, Ki Siriki, Michel Kodjo, Jean-Claude Henein, Mathilde Moreau, Youssouf Kourouma, Augustin Kassi, Jacoblen, Watt Kang, Mamery Ballo, Ange-Martial Shiner and Cherif Souleymane 
- 16–31 August 1997 "Art Collection of the century from 1995 to 2000", Piotrkòw Trybunalski, Poland
- 19–29 September 1996 "Biennial of Contemporary African Art", Museum of African Art of IFAN Cheikh Anta Diop (With 05 works selected)
- 2 June - 9 July 1995 "Café des Artistes" in Lausanne, Switzerland
- 24 November - 8 December 1993 "Grafolies", Biennale d’Abidjan in Abidjan (Ivory Coast)
- 13 March - 4 April 2004 Exhibition at the Cultural Center of Africa, Oslo, Norway
- 20 November - 2 December 2000 "Return to China" at French Cultural Center in Abidjan
- January - March 2000 "African Art" in Beijing and Shanghai (PRChina)
- 20 November - 15 December 1997 "Africa to the Heart" Paris, France
- "Zeitgenössische Kunst aus Afrika: 14 Gegenwartskünstler aus Côte d’Ivoire und Bénin", Author: Thomas Fillitz, Böhlau, 2002, ISBN 978-3-205-99402-2, Product Dimensions: 25 x 17.9 x 3.4 cm,in German
- Article on Mathilde Moreau entitled " Le Meilleur est à venir" in Vu Magazine, in French 
- Article by Mimi Errol entitled "Contemporary Art in Ivory Coast: The Origind of Adventure - Vohou Vohou" (L'art contemporain en Côte d'Ivoire : des origines à l'aventure vohou-vohou) in Africultures, in French