During the video shoot of "Piya Re" by Furqan and Imran
25 February 1992
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter, singer|
|Spouse(s)||Farran J. Mirza (2014-2018) (Divorced)|
|Relatives||Rose Mohammad (sister)|
Mathira (born as Mathira Mohammad) is a Pakistani model, dancer, television hostess, singer and actress. She has hosted several television shows and appeared in music videos. She is known for her Item songs in Main Hoon Shahid Afridi and the Indian Punjabi film Young Malang.
Early life and career
Mathira was born into a Muslim family in Harare, Zimbabwe to a South African father and Pakistani mother. Her sister Rose Muhammad is also an actress. She was educated in Zimbabwe before moving to Pakistan with her family amid unrest in Zimbabwe. She made her debut in music videos of Jadugar, Desi Beat and Nachdi Kamaal Billo by Malkoo and Woh Kaun Thi by Rizwan-ul-Haq. In March 2011 she got a chance to host a late-night programme titled “Love Indicator” on Vibe TV.
Mathira then shot for the cover of a leading Pakistani fashion magazine. In 2011 She has also hosted a AAG TV's show "Baji Online". In 2013 she made her debut in Bollywood by doing an Item song Lakk Ch Current in Indian Punjabi film Young Malang. She has also done an item number Masti Mein Doobi Raat Hai in the film Main Hoon Shahid Afridi starring Humayun Saeed.
Later in the end of 2013 she appeared in her new music video Jhoota with young-rapper Arbaz Khan, released on 31 December 2013.
In 2014 she acted in a film directed by Vipin Sharma. In 2015, she has featured in a song "Piya Re" with Furqan and Imran by paying the tribute to Adnan Sami Khan's song "Bheegi Bheegi Raaton Mein".
Mathira married Punjabi singer Farran J Mirza (also known as Flint J) in 2012. The couple has a son, Aahil Rizvi who was born in 2014. The couple got separated in 2018, due to misunderstandings. She is a Muslim who regards her relationship with her God as personal, and receives harsh criticism in Pakistan for the way she dresses and speaks.
|2013||Young Malang||Dancer in the Song Lakk Ch Current||Bollywood Movie|
|2013||Main Hoon Shahid Afridi||Dancer||Special appearance|
|2016||Blind Love||Negative role|
|2017||Raasta||Dancer in the Song Pee Lay'||Special appearance|
|TBA||Tum Hi To Ho||Delayed|
- 2017–Present: Naagin (Geo Kahani) as Mastaani
- 2017: Biwi Se Biwi Tak as a guest
- Featured in
- "Piya Re" - Furqan and Imran feat. Mathira
- Magnier, Mark (25 September 2011). "Sexy TV host's popularity underscores Pakistan's contradictions". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Mathira's sister Rose Muhammad to debut with the film Azaad". Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "I don't take bakwas: Mathira".
- "Yes, I'm bold & it is not a sin: Mathira Khan".
- "Mathira Khan to Appear in Bollywood Exposing Herself Boldly".
- ON. "Masti Mai Dobay Raat | Full Film Version Item Song | Main Hoon Shahid Afridi Movie 2013 | KING MNA - Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion.com. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Nabi, Zehra (1 January 2014). "Mathira's back with new music video 'Jhootha'". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Bringing back the Band Culture - Furqan & Imran". The Express Tribune. 2015.
- "Mathira croons a tribute to Adnan Sami Khan". The News International. April 20, 2015. Archived from the original on November 22, 2015.
- Haq, Irfan Ul (2017-09-26). "Mathira is back with a supernatural serial". Images. Retrieved 2017-10-02.
- "Danish Taimoor, Mathira-starrer 'Tum Hi To Ho' will hit theatres on Eidul Fitr - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2016-02-22. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Mathira shares break-up letter on Instagram following divorce with husband". Images. 2018-01-30. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- "Danish Taimoor, Mathira-starrer 'Tum Hi To Ho' will hit theatres on Eidul Fitr | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2016-02-22. Retrieved 2018-09-13.