|Administrative region||Ionian Islands|
|• Municipal unit||3.532 km2 (1.364 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||152 m (499 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||329|
|• Municipal unit density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||491 00|
Mathraki (Greek: Μαθράκι, older form: Μαθράκιον) is an island and a former community of the Ionian Islands, Greece. It is one of the Diapontia Islands. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality of Corfu, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 3.532 km2. Population 329 (2011). Mathraki is a 45-minute boat ride off the coast of Corfu (4 NM from Cape Arilas). It has three restaurants that double as general stores, villas and "rooms to let". Mathraki is a quiet island that manages to stay clear of tourists except for the occasional hikers that brave the rocky coastline. The municipal unit includes the three nearby islets Diakopo, Diaplo and Tracheia.
Mathraki was inhabited during the last centuries[clarification needed] by settlers from the nearby island of Othonoi. The origin of its name is unknown, but according to a popular tradition, derives from anthrakia, because in the past the island had been burnt. It became part of Greece in 1864, when the Ionian islands were ceded to Greece by the British. Today is a serene and tranquil place for holidays.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- "Στο λιμάνι της γαλήνης". kathimerini.gr. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- Official site from Local Authority Official site from Mathraki Local Authority (Languages Greek-English-Italian
- Official site from Prefecture of Corfu Official site from Prefecture of Corfu (multi language)
- Website for Mathraki Island www.mathraki.net 
|This Ionian Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|