From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Matilda (disambiguation))
|Look up Mathilda, Matilda, or matilda in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Matilda or Mathilda may refer to:
- Matilda (name), list of people named Matilda
- Matilda of Flanders (1030–1083), wife of William the Conqueror
- Matilda of Tuscany (1046–1115), Italian noblewoman, the principal Italian supporter of Pope Gregory VII during the Investiture Controversy
- Matilda of Scotland (c.1080-1118), wife of Henry I of England
- Empress Matilda (1102–1167), daughter of Henry I of England
- Matilda of Boulogne (1103–1152), wife of Stephen, king of England.
- Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony (1156–1189), daughter of Henry II of England
- Saint Matilda (c. 895–968), Saxon saint and wife of King Henry I of Germany
Media and entertainment
- Mathilda (novella), by Mary Shelley (1819-20)
- "Waltzing Matilda", a famous Australian bush ballad (written 1895)
- Matilda (1978 film), a comedy about a boxing kangaroo based on Paul Gallico's novel
- "Matilda" (song), 1930s song made popular by Harry Belafonte (1953)
- Matilda (alt-J song), An alt-j single off the 2012 album "An Awesome Wave"
- Matilda (novel), by Roald Dahl (1988)
- Matilda (album), the second studio album by Stateless (2011)
- Matilda, a female chicken in the Angry Birds series
- Matilda Centre, a social and community centre in Sheffield, UK
- Matilda House, one of the oldest houses in Singapore
- Atheris matildae, AKA Matilda's Horned Viper
- Matilda (chicken) (1990–2006), a fourteen-ounce hen that was the first chicken to receive the title of World's Oldest Living Chicken from Guinness World Records
- Matilda I (tank), Infantry Tank Mk I (A11)
- Matilda II (tank), Infantry Tank Mk II (A12)
- Matilda Awards, a theater awards event
- Matilda Cruises, an Australian ferry company
- Matilda, the kangaroo mascot of the 1982 Commonwealth Games
- Matilda, the House robot from the UK TV series Robot Wars
- Matilda, a mannequin used in home automation research
- A swagman's bundle, as in the song "Waltzing Matilda"
- Matilda, Walter's girlfriend that often appear in the Dennis and Gnasher animated series
- MATILDA, a military robot
- Matilda (1779 ship), a convict ship dispatched in 1791 from England to Australia as part of the Third Fleet
- the Matildas, the official nickname of the Australia women's national soccer team (from the song "Waltzing Matilda")
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matilda.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.