3.14.1 / 10 September 2020
|License||GNU GPL v3|
Matomo, formerly Piwik (pronounced //), is a free and open source web analytics application developed by a team of international developers, that runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. It tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis. As of June 2018[update], Matomo was used by over 1,455,000 websites, or 1.3% of all websites with known traffic analysis tools, and has been translated into 54 languages. New versions are released regularly.
Piwik was selected SourceForge's Project of the Month for July 2009.
In September 2013, Matthieu Aubry and Maciej Zawadziński, the CEO of Clearcode, founded Piwik PRO. It provided support and features for the open source Piwik. Clearcode bought out Matthieu Aubry in June 2016 to become the sole owner of Piwik PRO.
In January 2018, Piwik was officially renamed as Matomo.
In late 2019, Matomo released a WordPress Plugin called Matomo Analytics, which allowed WordPress users to host the open source analytics platform directly in their WordPress Installation.
- "Releases - matomo-org/matomo". Retrieved 11 September 2020 – via GitHub.
- "How do I pronounce Piwik? FAQ". Analytics Platform - Matomo.
- "Matomo Web Analytics Usage Statistics". Archived from the original on 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Usage statistics and market share of Piwik for websites". Retrieved 2018-06-06. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- "Piwik Translations". Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Changelog Matomo". 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Hosted Apps". 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Mobile app development". 2008-11-21. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Project of the Month, July 2009
- "Best of open source enterprise software". 2009-08-31. Archived from the original on 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Start of Crowdfunding for Piwik 2.0: Donate to directly support the Piwik 2.0 development!". 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Early on Piwik PRO provided enterprise-level support and premium features on top of those open source foundations. However, in 2016 our paths diverged. We're now two separate organizations, each with its own plans and guiding principles". 2019-01-22.
- "Piwik is now Matomo". Analytics Platform - Matomo. 9 January 2018.
- "Matomo:Google Analytics Biggest Competition". Isotropic Agency. 2020-05-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matomo.|