3.11.0 / 23 July 2019
3.12.0-b1 / 29 July 2019
|License||GNU GPL v3|
Matomo, formerly Piwik (pronounced //), is a free and open source web analytics application developed by a team of international developers, that runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. It tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis. As of June 2018[update], Matomo was used by over 1,455,000 websites, or 1.3% of all websites with known traffic analysis tools, and has been translated into 54 languages. New versions are released regularly.
Piwik was released in late 2007 as a replacement for phpMyVisites, with full API support, a cleaner UI, modern graphs, better architecture and better performance.
In September 2013, Matthieu Aubry and Maciej Zawadziński, the CEO of Clearcode, founded Piwik PRO. It provided support and features for the open source Piwik. Clearcode bought out Matthieu Aubry in June 2016 to become the sole owner of Piwik PRO.
In January 2018, Piwik was officially renamed as Matomo.
- A/B Testing
- Tracking and Reporting API
- Facebook Ads, Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Google AdWords
- Bing Ads: Paid search marketing campaign
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- "Releases - matomo-org/matomo". Retrieved 31 July 2019 – via GitHub.
- "Matomo Web Analytics Usage Statistics". Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Usage statistics and market share of Piwik for websites". Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Piwik Translations". Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Changelog Matomo". 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Hosted Apps". 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Mobile app development". 2008-11-21. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Project of the Month, July 2009
- "Best of open source enterprise software". 2009-08-31. Archived from the original on 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Start of Crowdfunding for Piwik 2.0: Donate to directly support the Piwik 2.0 development!". 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
- "Early on Piwik PRO provided enterprise-level support and premium features on top of those open source foundations. However, in 2016 our paths diverged. We're now two separate organizations, each with its own plans and guiding principles". 2019-01-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matomo.|