A matriculation examination or matriculation exam is a final examination held at secondary schools. After passing the examination, the students receive a school leaving certificate, which allows them to matriculate at university and take up their studies.
The following matriculation examinations are conducted:
- A-levels – in England.
- Abitur – in Germany, Lithuania and Estonia.
- Baccalauréat – in France.
- Te'udat Bagrut – in Israel.
- Eindexamen - in the Netherlands.
- Leaving Certificate - in Ireland.
- Matric – in South Africa and formerly in Australia.
- Matura – in Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Sloveni, Switzerland and Ukraine.
- Student degree – in Scandinavia.
- Selectividad – in Spain.