Mats Strandberg (born 1976) is a Swedish author.
Strandberg has been a columnist in Aftonbladet. His debut novel was Jaktsäsong, published in 2006. His young adult fantasy novel Cirkeln, the first book in the Engelsfors trilogy written together with Sara Bergmark Elfgren and published in 2011, was an August Prize nominee in the youth literature category.
Strandberg has also written horror novels. In 2015, his novel Färjan, which is set on board a Baltic Sea cruiseferry, was published. It was translated into English as Blood Cruise and published in the UK by Jo Fletcher Books. Hemmet, about a residential care home haunted by ghosts, was published in 2017; Slutet, a preapocalyptic young adult novel about the final few weeks of life on Earth before a comet destroys all life, was released in 2018 and received very positive reviews in Dagens Nyheter and SVT.
- Jaktsäsong, 2006
- Bekantas bekanta, 2007
- Halva liv, 2009
- The Engelsfors trilogy (with Sara Bergmark Elfgren)
- Färjan, 2015
- Hemmet, 2017
- Slutet, 2018
- "Mats Strandberg". Rabén & Sjögren. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Mats Strandberg". litteraturmagazinet.se. Litteraturmagazinet. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Krönikören Mats Strandberg romandebuterar" (Press release). 29 June 2006. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Nominerade till Augustpriset 2011". Dagens Nyheter. 2011-10-17. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- Cowdrey, Katherine (30 November 2016). "Quercus to publish 'Sweden's Stephen King' Mats Strandberg". Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Thente, Jonas (16 November 2018). "Bokrecension: Mats Strandbergs "Slutet" – när slutet kommer med en snyftning OCH en skräll". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Hibombo, Abdul (16 October 2018). "Mats Strandbergs klimatångest blev romanen Slutet". Sveriges Television (in Swedish). Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Cirkeln sluts med blodig skräckroman". Dagens Nyheter. 15 July 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
|This article about a Swedish journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Swedish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|