Matsumae District, Hokkaido
(Redirected from Matsumae District, Hokkaidō)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1869: With the establishment of provinces and Districts in Hokkaido, Tsugaru District (identical to modern Matsumae Town) and Fukushima District (identical to modern Fukushima Town and Shiriuchi in Kamiiso District) were set up.
- 1871—1872: Placed under Hirosaki Prefecture and Aomori Prefecture.
- 1881: Shiriuchi Village and Shōkokuishi (?) Village (小谷石村) (split off from Fukushima Village) transferred to Kamiiso District. The remaining area of Fukushima District and Tsugaru District were merged to form Matsumae District.
- 1897: Matsumae Subprefecture established containing only Matsumae District.
- 1903: Matsumae Subprefecture merged with Hakodate Subprefecture (later renamed Oshima Subprefecture).
- "gotyuuikudasai" (in Japanese). 松前町役場. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|