On November 1, 2004, Matsumoto, along with the town of Kōriyama (also from Hioki District), the town of Kiire (from Ibusuki District), and the towns of Sakurajima and Yoshida (both from Kagoshima District), was merged into the expanded city of Kagoshima and no longer exists as an independent municipality.
- 1889 - The village of Kamiijūin consisted of 6 neighborhoods (north to south): Ishitani, Fukuyama, Kamitaniguchi, Irisa, Naoki and Haruyama
- 1960 — The village of Kamiijūin became the town of Matsumoto.
- November 1, 2004 - Matsumoto, along with the towns of Kōriyama, both from Hioki District, and the towns of Sakurajima and Yoshida, both from Kagoshima District, Kiire, both from Ibusuki District, was merged into the expanded city of Kagoshima and no longer exists as an independent municipality.
Kyushu passenger rail（Kyushu Railway Company）
Minami-Kyushu Expressway (Kagoshima road) Matsumoto Interchange
Main Country Path
- Kagoshima prefectural road 24 Kagoshima Higashiichiki line
- Kagoshima prefectural road 35 Nagayoshi Irisa Kagoshima Line
Public Prefectural Road
- Kagoshima prefectural road 296 Kagoshima prefectural road
- Kagoshima Prefectural road 210 koyamada Taniyama line
- Kagoshima prefectural road 291 Matsumoto Kawanabe line
- Kagoshima prefectural road 296 Tanokashira Hukiage line
- Shoyo High School
Junior High School
- Matsumoto Junior High School
- Matsumoto Elementary School
- Tosho Elementary School
- Haruyama Elementary School
- Isihitani Elementary School
- Official website of Kagoshima in Japanese
|This Kagoshima Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|